Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 Point Harness

Old 02-19-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poison Spyder is working on a weld in and bolt in cage. I don't know if they will have restraint bars.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

you would need a bar behind the seats as the shoulder belts are suppost to mount at or below your shoulder blades.

seriously, if you think you are gonna wheel hard enough to roll over you should wear a helmet. there is no joke here!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya caga / helmet / fire suite ok i like driving with out doors and I would feel safer. and bouncing around on the trails would keep MY lil ass in the seat better
Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mdmmd
Lets all start wearing helmets too...
LOL, if you are a taller person, like me, you would think about that seriously if rock crawling or if you're doing some risky behaviors. On a roll over your neck stretches, your back stretches and your seat belt stretchs so you head gets mighty close to the outer edges of the roll bars.

If not that then rocks sometimes purposely avoid the roll bars and come inside to say, "HI!", and boy does that hurt really bad.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:48 PM
JK Freak

well kinda bump im wondering if anyone has installd them yeat if so can you post some pictures and details thanks
Old 09-02-2008, 01:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
you would need a bar behind the seats as the shoulder belts are suppost to mount at or below your shoulder blades.
I would check that info. The shoulder harness is supposed to prevent forward motion, not hold you down to the seat; the lap portion of the belt is supposed to hold you down. If the sholder harness turns down sharp at your sholder you will get spinal compression(bad thing) during roll. I know you can angle the straps down but there is a limit on how much. The Corbeau belts I installed on my Bronco had the mount locations with them, the paperwork has long since been circle filed.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

I know the rancho jeep has rcing seats front and rear with harnesses for each seat I wish I looked at that closer the last time I seen it
Old 11-05-2008, 02:04 AM
JK Freak

anyone install one or is just one of those things that is not worth installing
Old 11-05-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gt3073b
The shoulder harness bar is not supposed to be at or below the shoulder blades as suggested above. It is supposed to be at or just above the collar bone height to prevent spinal compression in an impact. Also, the harness should be attached to a rigid point like the existing seat belt points, and not solely to the bar since it can bend in an impact (if you are going to use one of the few DOT approved 4 point harnesses on the street). If the harness is just for keeping your butt in the seat while crawling, then bar placement and attachment points are a bit less important.

Bryan.
Werd to all of this.

Quick Reply: 4 Point Harness