Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" Lift Question

Old 09-09-2007, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" Lift Question

Alright was thinking about upgrading my lift on my jeep to ether a 3" FT Econo or the Superlift 4" , I know FT makes some great kits but the price is kinda steep (I know you get what u pay for... ) But is there any extra mods you would need to do to the 4"? Heard somewhere that if you get a 4" you need to upgrade your drive shaft? Any weight in that? Thanks for any info.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You only really need to swap in a new rear drive shaft if you have a 2-door as it is really short and the angles on it after the lift will be sever enough to cause your CV boots to wear out quickly. Since you have a 4-door, you should be fine with the factory drivelines. As far as what else you will need with the Superlift kit, pretty much just new longer shocks and if you can swing it, front sway bar link disconnects. Of course what you'll really want at this height is a set of adjustable upper and lower front control arms so that you can dial in your caster. While you will be fine without them, your Jeep will tend to wander and feel 'darty' on the highway.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info eddie!!!

Quick Reply: 4" Lift Question