Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" Lift and Problems Galore????

Old 08-27-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" Lift and Problems Galore????

So Last weekend I installed the Zone 4" lift with daystar 3/4" spacers in the front...First off let me start by saying it looks great and was quite an easy install. I also Installed Skyjacker front adjustable LCAs and have an adjustable front track bar. At first the ESP/BAS light came on so I centered the steering wheel the best I could...and the lights went away...However now the ESP light comes on when making slight rights...which is very bizarre to me...Also sometimes the ABS will engage when I am stopping. I am wondering if I need to really go get it aligned or what the heck is the problem...I tried trouble shooting it...Ive tried centering the axle the best I could and the steering and I am still having issues...also it almost feels like theres a 1" dead spot in the steering wheel...I am in serious need of comments and advice...has anyone else had these problems if so whats the verdict and what should I do...Thanks
Old 08-27-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeep4life
So Last weekend I installed the Zone 4" lift with daystar 3/4" spacers in the front...First off let me start by saying it looks great and was quite an easy install. I also Installed Skyjacker front adjustable LCAs and have an adjustable front track bar. At first the ESP/BAS light came on so I centered the steering wheel the best I could...and the lights went away...However now the ESP light comes on when making slight rights...which is very bizarre to me...Also sometimes the ABS will engage when I am stopping. I am wondering if I need to really go get it aligned or what the heck is the problem...I tried trouble shooting it...Ive tried centering the axle the best I could and the steering and I am still having issues...also it almost feels like theres a 1" dead spot in the steering wheel...I am in serious need of comments and advice...has anyone else had these problems if so whats the verdict and what should I do...Thanks
Recheck all the bolts make sure they are tighten to fac specs and most of all get an alignment done.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

I have rechecked all the bolts and Im just not getting it lol...its really making me angry
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummm. you can check if you damaged any of your brake lines/ABS LINES. look carefully on all four wheels. LOOK and LOOK!

On a straight level road with the steering wheel centered, how does she track? Does it pull to any one side?

how did you measure your front lower control arms? are they equal eye to eye? whos the mfg (maybe i can compare), also you have adjustable front trackbar, how long did you set it in comparison to the stock trackbar?

with that much lift, you should think about getting an adjustable rear...

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 08-27-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to get that alignment done. That will set your front end right and fix your steering wheel as well. The slightest errors or miscalculations in the system will set off the ESP and ABS stuff, even on slight turns. Check your pinion angle and that since you have adjustable LCA's
Old 08-29-2010, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

I think since I put adjustable LCAs on I am going to take it in for an alignment and see if that helps at all...thanks for the input...I really wish i knew everything was good and could just disable my ESP / BAS / ABS

Quick Reply: 4" Lift and Problems Galore????