Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" lift, now track bar hits rear springs??? - help!

Old 03-09-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" lift, now track bar hits rear springs??? - help!

Put in a skyjacker 4" lift kit.

Had lots of issues so I put in FT adjustable control arms top & bottom, forward & rear. Also FT adjustable track bars front & rear.

Rotated the pinion to match the drive shaft (also installed JE REEL 1350 driveshafts - I have a 2 door rubicon).

Issue is with the pinion rotated to line up with the drive shaft, heres what happened:

1. rear springs are curved / flexed due to turning the axel

2. rear track bar hits the springs when flexed.

3. rear track bar brace on frame is gonna hit bump stop once #2 is fixed.

4. may have an issue with bolt on rear sway bars hitting bump stop once #3 is fixed.

5. Planning on ARB diff covers. Wonder if they are gonna hit the rear track bar.

Man, takes a lot to get this thing set up right.

Anyone else have these issues??

tnx

Blue Mesa
Old 03-09-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed it

Ok,

I fixed things.

This might be helpful to others.

I have FT adjustable control arms upper and lower.

I set the lower ones as short as possible. This brought the axel forward about an inch.

I then adjusted the uppers so the pinion angle was rotated back to about 15 degrees. The stock angle was about 10 degrees. With the 4" lift, my drive shaft was at 20 degrees. When I rotated it back by 5 degrees to 15, this also added more clearance as well. No drive train wobble even though pinion and driveshaft are about 5 degrees different.

Moral of the story is start with the lower arms as short as possible and then use the uppers to set your angle.

Hope this helps someone.

Blue Mesa

Quick Reply: 4" lift, now track bar hits rear springs??? - help!