Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" lift or 3" lift with 1" Body lift?

Old 11-08-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottK
Well, it's unanamous so far! I thought the 4" would be the better choice, but had to check with the experts! Looks like there's a 4" suspension lift in my future. I'm going to order a Teraflex, or Superlift, or Clayton, or Full Traction, or Currie, or Rock Crawler..........
I am in the process of picking out a lift as well, not an easy task! I found these two acticles pretty informative:

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...est/index.html
http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/feature...und/index.html

Good luck!

Last edited by CT Rubi; 11-08-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I think a 4" Scott but am not knocking bodylifts, just removed my 2" BDS BL and am happier but I'm a manual so I had my reasons, plus I just like it better looks wise now. The 3" w/1" BL may save you some money on driveshafts unless you're an auto and you may still have rubbing on the front crossmember regardless (could be wrong).

4" IMO.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

i go with 4 inch.
love my teraflex 4 inch with all the flexarms
Old 11-08-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default Clayton is what you want

Let me save you some time . Clayton 3.5" kit is hands down is the best kit out there for its money, that with a set of 5100's you will be more then happy. Trust me this is the kit everyone should have. Remeber you get what you pay for, if you want the cheap way out then have at.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	15328   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00071.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	15329  
Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
I think a 4" Scott but am not knocking bodylifts, just removed my 2" BDS BL and am happier but I'm a manual so I had my reasons, plus I just like it better looks wise now. The 3" w/1" BL may save you some money on driveshafts unless you're an auto and you may still have rubbing on the front crossmember regardless (could be wrong).

4" IMO.
I have a 4 door auto, and plan on replacing at least the front driveshaft at the same time I install the lift, along with at least adjustable front lower and rear upper control arms. Price wise, there would be very little difference going with the 3" + body lift or 4" since the savings going to the 3" would pretty much be used up on the body lift. I'm really leaning toward just going ahead with the 4" suspension lift unless somebody chimes in with a real good reason not to.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would not touch the body lift. Body lifts look terrible and really do nothing for you. The look of lowering the frame and bumpers is ugly.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ScottK
I have a 4 door auto, and plan on replacing at least the front driveshaft at the same time I install the lift, along with at least adjustable front lower and rear upper control arms. Price wise, there would be very little difference going with the 3" + body lift or 4" since the savings going to the 3" would pretty much be used up on the body lift. I'm really leaning toward just going ahead with the 4" suspension lift unless somebody chimes in with a real good reason not to.
You got it down right then bud, do the 4" and don't look back ...man I wish I lived in Colorado..you guys have so many places to wheel it's crazy.

Quick Reply: 4" lift or 3" lift with 1" Body lift?