Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" lift on 2 Door driveline issues ?????

Old 08-28-2007, 04:17 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gcg
I'm running an RE 3.5" lift with 35's. I replaced both driveshafts with JE Reel 1350s. I do have a slight driveline vibration at an indicated 40 to 50 mph. I could feel a slight vibration at about this speed even before the lift, but it's a little worse now. It's not bad and I will probably just live with it (my TJ was about the same with 4.5" lift).

I'm also curious if others have had any similar problems.
did you replace the front axle flange? I had the vib until the front was replaced.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:17 AM
gcg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
did you replace the front axle flange? I had the vib until the front was replaced.
Yes. The flanges were replaced and a second front shaft was used. The rear shaft was also checked by a local shop for straightness and balance. The Jeep is back in the shop right now and they are going to check the rear flanges for run out.

Were you able to get rid of all vibrations or do you still have some amount?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

i had some coming from the front, I replace the flange. I just sent the shaft back to have it lengthened.. So I'll know for sure when i get it back..

all the heavy duty shafts will come with new flanges. So it should eliminate anyone else having the same issue. The factory ones are built off center,
Old 08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
hehateme

the drive shafts have arrived...

Photo has been removed because this user is a troll

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-28-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Photo has been removed because this user is a troll
Old 08-28-2007, 05:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey hehateme/HereComesTheFun/jsherman or whoever the hell you are today, why are you still here? You've already made it crystal clear how much you hate me, my rules and how I choose to run my forum and yet you keep on coming here. Is the need to pimp the exploits of your Jeep so important that you just can't stay away? Are you at risk of loosing the perks you've been getting or something by not being able to post here? Or, are you just so attention starved and find this is the only place that has the kind of audience that will feed your insecurities?

Let me make this absolutely clear - YOU are an unwelcome element on my forum and if you keep signing up as a different user, I will ban your IP address. And, if you really want to remain an active member on my forum, I would expect nothing less than a public apology for your actions here and on all the other forums you talked smack about me on. Otherwise, please do us all a favor an find another forum to get your fix from.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

From talking to JE Reel, anything lifted is going to have problems with the stock drivelines eventually. That may be a little biased though.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

sounds to me like your a little unsure on what you want to do any the cost. Mu suggestion is either go with the 2.5" BB and 33's or BB and 35's. I run 35's with 2.5" BB on my 2 door and it looks and handles great. Just something to think about
Old 09-08-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Default smokin drivlines

I have a 4" Teraflex and 35 toyos on my 2 dr. Ive driven about 3,000 miles with no issues then today my drivlines when up in smoke . Literaly smoking at the joints. They are being replaced by six states distributers here in Salt Lake.
4.88 gears and an ARB are being included. I will let you know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: 4" lift on 2 Door driveline issues ?????