Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 inch suspension lift plus coil spring spacers??

Old 07-29-2020, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That dude hasnt been active in 5 years on here
Old 07-29-2020, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by akguy09
That dude hasnt been active in 5 years on here
a lot of people just get the info they need and don’t use the forum again unless someone tags or messages them. I know I come on and ask a question, and once I get an answer I won’t use it again until I have another question or someone tags me. Some guys do live on here but most don’t
Old 07-29-2020, 05:05 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

7 year old thread, nice. Your rear driveshaft should be fine. You may have some front issues with 6.5" of height up front.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
7 year old thread, nice. Your rear driveshaft should be fine. You may have some front issues with 6.5" of height up front.
I tried searching on google and a couple of forums including this one because I know how people get if you don’t search a topic first, and this was the only post I could find that someone talked about it. I made a post here afterwards and got one person that commented. I have a 4.5 MC Gamechanger with all the extras you can get, front and rear drop brackets, Hi-steer etc etc, really and truly I’m set up for the MC 5.5 except for the coils, which since I’m light would put me around 6.5 anyway. The coils are only 3 months old though and ride really nice so I have no desire to switch them at this point, just want to add spacers. From what MC and TF are saying that extra 1/2 inch in front shouldn’t cause any issues since it’s all designed for 4-6 inches of lift and most of us usually end up with a little extra anyway. Maybe shock extensions if they bottom out but that’s about it. Talked to James Adams and he said the 1310 I’ve got in the front should be fine too but if it’s not they’ll work with me to get a longer one so I’m not super worried about the front. The only thing I wasn’t sure about was the rear shaft. I could go ahead and get an aftermarket but I’ve seen a number of guys replace it just for the sake of doing it and end up with vibration when they didn’t have any beforehand, so I figure if it’s not broke don’t fix it unless someone was able to tell me some kind of major issue.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:30 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

You are going to have issues at 6.5" of lift but you don't want to hear it so we will wait for one of your threads after you do it.
The following users liked this post:
SlvrbckJK (04-14-2024)
Old 07-29-2020, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are going to have issues at 6.5" of lift but you don't want to hear it so we will wait for one of your threads after you do it.
Ok then if I’m going to have issues please explain what issues I’m going to have.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

still waiting for you to tell me what issues I’m going to have
Old 07-31-2020, 06:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Simply add your pucks and you will find out. Ever notice that almost nobody runs that high a lift while you are doing your research? There are reasons not to go so high.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Simply add your pucks and you will find out. Ever notice that almost nobody runs that high a lift while you are doing your research? There are reasons not to go so high.
so basically you have the only real issue is the one you have with lifts over 4.5 inches. Because plenty of people, even ones on this very forum, are running 6.5 without a single issue. If there are issues like you say you should be able to tell me what they are. But you can’t. You get on here saying there will be issues, I give you the rundown on my build which can handle it, and your response is simply “you’ll have issues but you don’t want to hear it” without being able to present anything to back up your claim. I need a little more than some guy on a forum who thinks he knows everything saying “there will be issues” when he can’t even give a single example. Cool story man.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Like I said, you don't want to hear it. If someone says something you don't like you get all shitty and insulting. You are basically a dick and why would someone want to help out someone like that.

I am just fucking with you. You will be fine at 6.5" of lift and not sure why you are not going with 8" or 10". The bigger the better right?

Quick Reply: 4 inch suspension lift plus coil spring spacers??