Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 inch lift questions

Old 11-16-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 inch lift questions

I'm about to purchase the 4 inch lift from rough country and I'm trying to think of something's that I will need to get. I know I'm gonna need extended brake lines and possibly a steering stabilizer. If anyone has any thoughts I would really appreciate it and also what length brake lines will I need?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

2 or 4 door? Manual or auto?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wrangler4x4JK
I'm about to purchase the 4 inch lift from rough country and I'm trying to think of something's that I will need to get. I know I'm gonna need extended brake lines and possibly a steering stabilizer. If anyone has any thoughts I would really appreciate it and also what length brake lines will I need?
Make sure ur kit has rear brake relocation brackets of u don't get new lines, be sure it comes with longer sway bar links, and be sure to drive slower lol. Take care man
Old 11-16-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also got the 4 inch suspension RC lift and the kit came with brake line brackets so that you do not need longer brake lines. Adjustable control arms would be a plus to get when you get the lift
Old 11-16-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

I'd get new brake lines rather then the brackets. Mine are 24" but u could go up to 26" and then you'd have room for more lift adjustments later if necessary. I think quadratec sells brake lines for 4" lifts and mentions the length.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

2 door manual
Old 11-16-2011, 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

I'm also the same as you...2 door manual.
I'm also looking at a similar setup as you...
RC 3.25 or 3.5. For some reason a local cdn dealer has wicked deals on their stuff...
Anyways...I've subscribed to the thread hoping someone will mention something that I am not aware of...but through all my research it looks like things will go smoothly for up to 4" lift on our setup.
For me this is hard to believe after all the $$$ I spent getting 6" of lift into my old YJ and the headache with caster and driveshaft angles...different model, different suspension, different engineering I guess.

The other info that you're going to get is that the RC kits aren't the highest quality. It seems a few people have had problems with spring sag. However...a lot of people like to trash the product without any first hand experience. I've talked to a few guys personally who run RC kits and they are happy. And any problems were quickly solved by their excellent customer service.

One member did note his front axle is relocated about an inch or so to the passenger side due to lack of adjustable front trac bar or inclusion of relocation bracket in that particular kit itself (3.25 I think?). He also stated it has had no impact on drivability or does it mess with the ESP. And although I believe he does not notice a difference in daily driving I understand steering geometries enough to know that an inch is a sizable discrepancy for a permanent relocation and would be personally interested in attending to this issue ASAP...or as soon as funds allowed. I would fear the constant discrepancy could impact handling or maneuvers in an emergency situation.

One of these kits is on the Xmas list. The 35's are already on order and then I just gotta scrape together enough cash for some rims. Jeep should be nice and tall by the end of January. :-)
I'll be sure to post thoughts and impressions when it's all done.

Good luck!
RJ

Quick Reply: 4 inch lift questions