Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" FT Ultimate ?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" FT Ultimate ?

How long are folks setting the control arms? I've never done a lift before, so wondering what to look for. I'm planning on starting this week, so I should have some fun this weekend. Any advise, lets see it.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same lift I have. I did the job by myself and it took me a day 1/2. If you follow the link Ive posted below you'll have no issues. Its from Way Of Life. There is no difference between the 3 and 4" as far as settings that Im aware of. I took mine to my local 4x4 shop afterwards to have it looked over. They aligned it and changed my springs to 5" since I had so much sag from the bumper/winch, ect. The only the you need before hand is a bolt from a hardware store. Look at step 18 of the installation. The exhaust is in the way. Now I actually didnt go this route. I moved the exhaust and retained the factory bolt. Its a little extra work but I was going to keep on it what was supposed to be on it. Ive also added a few pics below. I have the 4" now 5" F/T Ultimate, body lift, and 35's. My friends Jeep is a Teraflex BB and 34's. He's 40" to the bottom center of the fender and Im 43 3/4". Of course air pressure can dictate height too. Im only at 28 lbs in my toyo's.

Here's the link http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Here's the pics.

Quick Reply: 4" FT Ultimate ?