Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4″ Flex Arm Lift by Teraflex

Old 04-14-2009, 02:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4″ Flex Arm Lift by Teraflex

Saw a review on this lift (Teraflex 4″ Flex Arm Lift ) on another sight and looks like a good option for someone who wants 35's but may later want to bo to 37". They say in the review they got 5.25" of lift out of it I think. Does anyone have this lift and how well do they like it?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrettFL
Saw a review on this lift (Teraflex 4 Flex Arm Lift ) on another sight and looks like a good option for someone who wants 35's but may later want to bo to 37". They say in the review they got 5.25" of lift out of it I think. Does anyone have this lift and how well do they like it?
Hi BrettFL,
I have the Teraflex 4" Flex Arm lift and I couldn't be happier. Installation was easy. I did it myself in the garage in 2 days. Rides real smooth, about like stock. I'm guessing it gave me about 5.5" of lift, plenty of room for 37's. Also came with new longer brake hoses.
No issues!
Heres pictures of mine with 35" BFG's. Hope this helps

Last edited by Torch; 07-15-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Teraflex 3" with flex arms. I love it. Very heavy duty, rides great, and handles better on 35s than it did stock. With Flat (or chopped) fenders I could roll 37s I think so I know the 4" could clear them. Teraflex also has great customer service, and is very active on this site. Can't go wrong with them! If you have the extra cash and means to install it the Long arm kit is hard to beat!

Here is my Teraflex 3" with 35s:

Old 04-14-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

I've got the TF 4" with front lower and rear upper flex arms.

I love the lift and the flex arms are impressive. I'm running it with 35's and am very happy. 4" is the minimum you'll get. 37" would fit with plenty of room to spare.

If you get this lift here are a few things to keep an eye out on:

1. The front brake lines will come with a sticker that says they are for a CJ. They fit the JK.

2. All 4 brake lines are way too long but you can still run them. Just zip tie 'em.

3. Disregard the measurements in the instructions for the flex arm length on the front lowers. In most all cases, they weren't right.

4. Use the same length on both front control arms. The directions indicate using a longer passengers side. Ignore that.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those look good!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw a review on this lift (Teraflex 4″ Flex Arm Lift ) on another sight and looks like a good option for someone who wants 35's but may later want to bo to 37". They say in the review they got 5.25" of lift out of it I think. Does anyone have this lift and how well do they like it?
It does good!

And theres definitely room for 37s - probably best to do some trimming if you dont want it to rub at full flex though. If you don't flex it much they'll fit fine.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I have the Teraflex 3" with flex arms. I love it. Very heavy duty, rides great, and handles better on 35s than it did stock. With Flat (or chopped) fenders I could roll 37s I think so I know the 4" could clear them. Teraflex also has great customer service, and is very active on this site. Can't go wrong with them! If you have the extra cash and means to install it the Long arm kit is hard to beat!

Here is my Teraflex 3" with 35s:

Thanks for all of the information and pictures. Living in the flat woods of FL I just don't see myself doing much flexing and that's why I am thinking there is no need for the extra $ in a long arm lift.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I had a Tera 3" lift then upgraded to half a Tera 4" long arm lift. So I'm all smiles

If you go 4" and don't plan to flex much I would still use the LA kit because it will also help with road manners since the long arm will lower your center of gravity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	054.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	22343

Click image for larger version

Name:	032.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	22344
Old 07-15-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 4" with arms kit on my 2008 4dr JK. Don't have any pics of it flexed yet but here is what it lookes like with 37" KM2s.

It rides well and will be taking it out to flex it this weekend.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Junkie

If you are only going to 35s, go with a 3", 4" is too much lift for 35s. Most of these kits give you more than what they are rated for, ie. 4.5-5" is more accurate.

Do a TF 3" lift with Flex Arms and you'll be good.

Quick Reply: 4″ Flex Arm Lift by Teraflex