Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4-door springs on a 2-door: How much lift?

Old 04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-door springs on a 2-door: How much lift?

So I installed a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift on my Unlimited and the fiance drives a 2-door. I want to know how much lift can I expect by putting my stock 4-door springs on her Jeep? Is it even worth my time? I don't plan on installing bigger tires on her rig for a while but just looking for som more height, maybe add some wheel spacers, just to make it look a little beefier. I would rather not wast an afternoon knowing it's only going to lift it 1/2". Also -- would I need longer shocks? Anyone with experience doing this please chime in.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It kind of depends on the spring numbers from your Rubi. The stiffer the springs the more of a 'lift' (not much) you'll get. There is an entire thread dedicated to this topic: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...rings-Question

Scroll to the end of the thread to read results people have gotten.

You could very well wind up with 1/2" or less if your old springs are close in number to the new rubi springs. Shock extensions aren't needed.

Quick Reply: 4-door springs on a 2-door: How much lift?