Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 door side steps

Old 08-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Duh
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 door side steps

Sold my TJ trail rig, ordering a JK 4 door due to enlarging family to pull double duty. Ive been looking around at side steps for the kids, but havent ran into anything that seems like it will hold up to rocks very well. Most are very low, which makes sense, but these kids can get used to stepping up onto it and then inside-its the stepping over the body panel below the door that will be troublesome from the ground. Anyone with real world experience with side steps and offroad durability? The only two that looked decent and didnt cost an arm and a leg are warrior and smitty-i had warrior corners on my tj with no complaints, never bought a smitty product. Yes ive searched, but havent found much. If anyone knows a rock rail brand that makes a good step, let me know as well. I dont mind welding at all.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Check out the LoD's
Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 2 young girls and the Shrockworks rock rails. They are super strong and work really well as a step too. I love that they mount to the frame and not the body. They are a great company to work with as well!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a big fan of my ACE rails. Great protection and a great step as well.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:01 AM
CT2
JK Enthusiast

look at RSE's, elect steps, I have them and they have taken very hard hits...on the Rubicon.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've found this N-fab rock rails - N Fab Rock Rails On Sale that offer an optional detachable steps. I think this would be a good option if you want a good protection while off-roading because regular nerf bars can't be used as rock sliders. And the detachable steps look easy to install and remove when needed.

Quick Reply: 4 door side steps