Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 door roof rack modified to fit a 2 door?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4 door roof rack modified to fit a 2 door?

I am in need of a roof rack for my 2015 2 door JK for my arb awning and roof top tent. My friend has a Gobi roof rack for his 4 door JK that he will sell me very cheap, My question is has anyone had any experience cutting a 4 door rack down to fit my 2 door? This project seems pretty straight forward but I'd hate to mess up a perfectly good rack trying to make it fit my 2 door JK. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You

Last edited by trail fox; 08-15-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

There are too many variables to give you a good answer
Old 08-16-2019, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by trail fox
I am in need of a roof rack for my 2015 2 door JK for my arb awning and roof top tent. My friend has a Gobi roof rack for his 4 door JK that he will sell me very cheap, My question is has anyone had any experience cutting a 4 door rack down to fit my 2 door? This project seems pretty straight forward but I'd hate to mess up a perfectly good rack trying to make it fit my 2 door JK. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You
How are your FAB and welding skills? Do you possess the correct tools for the job? If so I would think you'll be just fine, have at it and post some pictures I love to look at other peoples fab work and welding to give me ideas

Quick Reply: 4 door roof rack modified to fit a 2 door?