Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" DD Lift Recomendations

Old 11-24-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" DD Lift Recomendations

Ok...ok. At the risk of being totally laughed at by all the rock crawlers and swampers, some of us ride the beaches and roads too. Lovin my first Jeep, but looking to build my 09 JKU in NW FL. Any recommendations for a 4" lift for a DD w/ 35's on stock 18's w/spacers?
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

3.5" AEV dual sport, has great on road manner.n
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

I would look at Zone. They make a decent lift.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

I've herd nothing but good things about the Evo Double D kit, plus it's upgradable if you want to later on down the road. You could also get away with 3" plush ride springs with 35's though
Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Should I get a kit that includes shocks or buy separately? How are AEV and Zone?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why do you want 4"? going with a spacer lift is cheap and will get you to 35" tires. With a 4" lift you're biting off on some committment. Will you have to grease your lift? Are you going to disconnect your front sway bar ever?
There are guys in my club that wheel on spacer lifts, they do ok. Be sure to relocate your evap canister.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, if I ever actually wanted to go 37's and regear, one less thing to upgrade. Plus, bigger is better, right? ;-) I will never rock crawl. I've always loved the look of lifted trucks and jeeps and always wanted. Worst case for me would flat dirt roads. And maybe a few bumps at the hunting property. But let's face it, this is Northwest Florida, not exactly the Rocky Mountains.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Zone is going to be one of the cheaper lifts out there. You can pair it with their shocks or ones of your choice. Just remember there are other recommended modifications when doing a 4"+ lift. If you have not I suggest you read this thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...17/#post211272 it will help you decide if you want to do that much work. If I were you I would go with Zone because you will save money for other mods.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Take a look at trailmaster's 4.5' kit. I have their complete kit, comes with driveshafts, extended brakelines, adjustable tracbars, and all 8 adjustable control arms. I bought mine about 2 years ago from Northridge 4x4 for about 2700.00. I currently have over 40K on the kit with absolutely no complaints. I had no issues with death wobble and after I got the caster dialed in I have no flightyness and it handles great. Recently I swapped the standard SSV shocks for a set of Bilsteins shocks and that made a huge improvement.
I'm running 37s with no issues. I have no clearance issues and at full stuff the tires just skim my fenders but not enough to do damage or pop them off. Also with the adjustable control arms I could center the rear axle in the wheelwell which meant no trimminbg of the pinch seam or rock rails.

good luck in your search, I looked for a long time before I made my decision. As you mentioned, I only wanted to lift once, I planned on 37s but if I add a 1" body lift and flat fenders I could be on 40's. That also entails alot of other work such as heavier axles and such but so far I'm happy with my results and how it performs.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Cheaper is not always better. You get what you pay for. For what you're wanting to do and the type of terrain you are gonna run I'd say an AEV 3.5" lift will fit 35's no problem. And if you want 37's in the future you can thow on some coil spacers and/or flat fenders. The AEV has progressive rate coils and the ride is very nice on road too. It's what I started out with.

Quick Reply: 4" DD Lift Recomendations