Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" coil lift kit + 1.75 leveling kit spacers = OK or NO?

Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" coil lift kit + 1.75 leveling kit spacers = OK or NO?

Hi all,

Finally ditching the 2.5BB and ready to install my 4" coil lift! I have a set of 1.75" leveling kit spacers laying around - can I add these to my lift? Will this change anything or require any new parts? Will 5.75" of lift make my Toyo 35s look small?

And last...any pics of this set up?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Really? Nobody??
Old 09-08-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Just browse all of the suspension mfg's websites and look at the specific components in their sweet 6" 'short arm' lifts. How do they compare to the components you will have in your 4"?
My opinion, that's too high to expect a great ride out of a short arm lift. But it's your jeep, so go for it.

For pics, there is zero difference in the look of a 6" coil, or a 4" coil + a 2" spacer, or stock coils with a 6" spacer. (or a 5.75" lift...) Go down to the forum with all of the pics and find a 6" with 35's, and that is pretty much what it will look like.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, you can stack coil spacers on a coil lift without problems. The issue is two fold. One is how your jeep looks with the height. The other is your resulting geometry. If you are trying to run this with your stock arms you will have several problems. With a long arm kit you should be fine.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Super Freak

You'll definitely need at least new control arms and driveshafts (front/rear). You'll probably want a high-steer/draglink flip kit and some new trackbar brackets, and your 35's, even with stock fender flares, will look small.

Anything 4" and higher you're talking about big $$$ to get them right. Went I went to my 4" lift, I damn near replaced the entire underside of the Jeep except for T-Case, Tranny and D44 axles.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Junkie

Co sign when I moved up to 4 inches every stock part had to go along with modifications to the steering and welding in of trackbar braces and relocation brackets. You will need a high steer kit as you'll get plenty of bumpsteer with the stock geometry. Can you do it otherways to save some money yes, but I wouldn't.

And yes your 35's will look puny with that much lift.

Quick Reply: 4" coil lift kit + 1.75 leveling kit spacers = OK or NO?