Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4.88's 35's and 6spd MPG's?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by planman

Because the labor cost of regearing is so much, I'd install the 4.88s, sell your 33s and buy 35s.

Or, with the prospect of a 250 mile round trip to Chicago 1-2 times per week, I'd get a used front wheel drive car that gets 30+ mpg.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Planman!
I have my 4.88's and truetrac's installed & love it! Thx for the advice man! Btw, gonna stick w/ the 33's, plan on rolling w/ the D30 for as long as possible. Planning to at least gusset it & that should be good enough for awhile. I love the stout feeling of my rig now! Mpg's aren't too entirely horrible...headed to either Ouray or Bozeman this summer. Thx again!!! :-)
Old 01-23-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
Thanks Vincent.

The affect of regearing is huge. Almost all of those who say it probably isn't worth it haven't driven a properly regeared JK to have a basis of comparison.
I agree with that statement 100%.

Quick Reply: 4.88's 35's and 6spd MPG's?