Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3inch Teraflex lift

Old 08-27-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3inch Teraflex lift

I'm ready to installl a recently purchased Teraflex basic 3inch kit on my 07 JK. Looking for advice from someone who has installed this kit on their jeep regarding whether additional components such as control arms and track bars were required after the lift to correct for poor handling and ride. My jeep is my daily driver with a mix of highway and city driving. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Teraflex 3" full flex arm kit on an 09 Rubicon 4 door. Its a few extra pennies but I would highly recommend getting all the upper and lower flex arms “control arms” to go along with kit. This thing handles like a dream on road. But I did add the AEV steering kit to help get the steering geometry back. I had a lot of bump steer off road. So with the AEV kit you get the geometry back and have the capability to ad a bigger steering stabilizer. Hope this helps
Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything you ever wanted to know about installing ith -->https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sear...threadid=99233
Old 08-27-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

We just installed the 3" TF kit with full arms (all 8) and we got a new front adjustable trackbar. This was a tall lift and the trackbar was very needed in the front. The kit came with a rear relocation bracket so you can get away without a new rear TB. We've recently ordered the rock krawler rear spring wedges beucase our rear springs were pretty bowed out.

If you didn't order any adjustable control arms, you'll have alignment issues. your caster will be off and rear driveline angle will be harsh. At a minimum you should consider 4 control arms (front uppers and rear lowers I believe, someone may correct me on this) and that will allow you to adjust your caster.

We have an auto and the front DS was hitting on the tranny oil pan and on the skid plate. So watch for that. My boot was torn off the first time out. If you got the cash get a new front DS, an aftermarket will be narrower and won't hit on stuff (and it will be stronger). I'm saving for a new DS now.

As far as the install, we followed the write up and the TF instructions were there as back up. Over all went smooth, but it is a lot of work.

If you're running 35's+ that brings up another discussion about needing wheel spacers, front C gussets, etc.

Good luck!!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Good advice above. I would save your pennies and get the arms, at least the front lowers are rear uppers.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed this lift about three weeks ago. Along with the basic kit I did put on a JKS front trackbar. The front trackbar is a must in my opinion. I also installed the front lower CA and the rear upper CA.

I did the entire lift by myself and I have very limited mechanical experience. It did take me the entire weekend to do. Approximately 20-22 hrs. Considering I didn't have any experience doing this before I worked extremely slow and methodical. If you have someone helping you I can see it definitely going faster. Also, I don't have any air tools. That would help speed up the process if you have them.

I just followed the 4" write up on this website along with the instructions that came along with the kit. Just be sure to read over the write-up a few times and compare it to the instructions so you don't start doing the steps that are not needed.

It never hurts to have a set of spring compressors handy either. Made getting the springs to fit much easier.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 AM
JK Freak

Great choice on the lift, and welcome to the world of "one modification leads to another"!

Quick Reply: 3inch Teraflex lift