Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3inch and 37's

Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
Search my posts for pics & info. I'm running 37s on a 2.5" TF BB, 1" BL, & flat flares with stock front bumpstops. I had to roll or trim the rear pinch seam & cut 2" off my stock Rubi rocker guards.

The only rubbing I get is on a full front stuff flex, with close to a full lock turn, with the tires aired down below 10 psi, the tire will rub the bottom of the frame rail of the jeep.

To run 37s with flat flares, you need a combination of 3.5" in the rear between extended bumpstopping and body lift (my 2.5" extended rear bumpstops & 1" BL are perfect).

In the front with flares, you only need a combination of 1" between extended bumpstops & body lift (running the stock front bumpstops with my 1" body lift is perfect).

You will need to remove or trim the stock front air dam & bumper--or just get an aftermarket stubby bumper.
I am going to mimic this set up with my jeep since it is affordable and capable.
Here's the link where planman has answered this question with some good pictures: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/37s-only-2-5bb-77673/

I plan on running the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon with this set-up in July.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Id like to see what it looks like with a tereflex 3 inch lift since people have been getting alot of lift out of that kit!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I'm going to with my 3" long arm, soon as I get the 37's and cut some flares off
Hey Pig, keep me posted on this. Still haven't purchased my long arms for my 3" FT Ultimate yet but that's the direction I'd like to go as well. I was really planning on needing a 1" body lift as well but if I can get there without it even better.

Quick Reply: 3inch and 37's