Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

38s vs 40s

Old 04-08-2014, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The only experience I have with the new motor is that I rented a sport for a weekend once. it had the smaller tires and did find for running around but have no idea how it handles big tires.
Just drove a 14' rubi today. Compared to my 4.88 Supercharged 3.8, the 3.6 wasnt that impressive. Only when i gave it some fuel into the upper rpms did it take off.

With 60's and possibly a v8, i would go 40's. But yes, the 3.6 will be better than a stock 3.8. Blow the 3.6 with a ripp and you will probably be golden. $$$$$ brother! Good luck!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big dr

Nice choice in the 41.5 Pitbulls,,,, are they going on as soon as you finish the build?
Shortly after depending on how my money situation looks. I may have to rock the crappy irocks for a month...

Quick Reply: 38s vs 40s