Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

IS 37'x12.5r18 with 4 inch lift compatible

Old 12-07-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 37'x12.5r18 with 4 inch lift compatible

Is 37x12.50r18 compatible with a 4 inch suspension lift, without doing any trimming of fenders , or body . I alredy have the pinch welds cut off on the back fenders for my 35's
Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All 4" lift kits are not created equal.

Why kit are you considering?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:20 PM
JK Newbie

I can only speak from my own install: FT 4" Long Arm and Goodyear MTR/K 37x12.50. I have LoD bumpers front and rear, a Power Plant up front, and a Hemi (a little more weight on the front axle, but a spacer to correct the rake as provided in the AEV kit).

I took the Jeep to a loading dock and put one wheel on the ramp down and one level, disconnected the sway bar and drove to full deflection (poor man's ramp). I had rubbing on the both the front and rear flares. The front was bad enough that I think the tires might have torn the flare if given the chance. I don't think it was more than 1/8" or 1/4", of rubbing though, but that's enough to mess things up.

I trimed the flares, and there's 100% no rubbing. I was worried about hacking the Jeep and changing the look, but I believe it looks much better with trimmed flares.

FWIT, 4" with 37s on an Unlimited seems to look pretty balanced to me--not crazy tall and not too short, either. Also, I'm as high as I can get and still fit in the garage.

-Randy
Old 12-08-2009, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spinlock

Well said, when I started planning to lift my Jeep I went blindly looking for a 4" lift, the cheaper the better so I thought, luckily I came across this website and with all of its information I chose the Teraflex 4" short arm lift, so $10,000 dollars later,............................................ ......... anywho, The Teraflex 4" kit gave me over 4" up front, ridding my JK of the negative rake.
Some kits are so called “4" lift kits” but when I called the different lift manufacturers to get the specs and real lift heights I was shocked by some, some kits will only raise the rear 2" but 4" up front, other kits that are labeled 4" lifts aren’t even 4" up front. So before you buy ensure you get what you need, the Teraflex kit was perfect for me.
With the Teraflex 4" lift, 17" wheels, and 37" KM2s my JK will rub slightly on my stock front bumper on hard turns, but if I can ever make a decision on what new front bumper that will solve that.

Good luck
Old 12-08-2009, 05:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by spinlock

AND, not all 37" tires are created equally.

as mentioned, some 4" lift kits are considerably taller than 4" and so you will have an easier time getting 37's to fit one of those. if you have a 4" lift that is more true to 4", you will most likely have rubbing issues. likewise, while most 37's measure considerably less than an actual 37", some are pretty close like toyo's or the new mtr's and you will have more issues with getting them to work without rubbing. bfg's are on the small side and you won't have as much trouble getting them to work.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

im rocking 37's on a 4.5 aev lift with tons of weight up from plenty of room
but ill agree with not all lifts are created equally

Quick Reply: IS 37'x12.5r18 with 4 inch lift compatible