Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37's with xenon flat fenders

Old 02-21-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merfsiu
Are those the narrow ones. They definately dont stick out as far.
The top left pic in the add says
2007-08 Jeep Wrangler JK
"Narrow" Narrow Flat Panel Design Flares

So I'm assuming they are
Old 02-21-2008, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Renegade
I think they could do a better job with their marketing photos. They would look great in satin black on a JK with 37's and any wheel that's not chrome or polished.

The production flares will come molded in black. When I receive my narrow set I will post some pics of them.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

what is the price for the narrow ones? same as the regular?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

I think with these you don't need as much lift. In fact, I think it looks kind of silly with too much lift and these. Too big of a gap above the tire. Maybe you need the clearance, maybe not. If at full flex you still have a sizeable gap then you can take some lift out. Would be nice to know what that amount is. I have seen one stock jeep here with 36 inch tires on a stock suspension and these with out rub or minimum rub and it looked awsome. Lower COG and I like that look.

FWIW
Old 04-11-2008, 03:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
Anyone have pics of these?

Here ya go, the 1.5" narrower flares are what I'm purchasing, no more sag problems and I think they'll look good with the 2.5" BB and 35's.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hope Gen-Right comes out with rear fenders for the JK. Theirs taper down a bit exposing less of that body in the wheel well
Old 04-11-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Major Ho

I hope Gen-Right comes out with rear fenders for the JK. Theirs taper down a bit exposing less of that body in the wheel well

I like that too, I don't mind the underbody showing because I plan on painting underneath to match and also paint the fenders.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gasser
I think with these you don't need as much lift. In fact, I think it looks kind of silly with too much lift and these. Too big of a gap above the tire. Maybe you need the clearance, maybe not. If at full flex you still have a sizeable gap then you can take some lift out. Would be nice to know what that amount is. I have seen one stock jeep here with 36 inch tires on a stock suspension and these with out rub or minimum rub and it looked awsome. Lower COG and I like that look.

FWIW
Me too, it was a black jeep with 36's. It makes me tempted to try 37's with a 1 inch body lift-stock suspension-fender flares.

I don't think the guy who did that had a rubi though, with the break away sway bar you get a little more flex which might cause rub issue's. I think I'll go 35's with flares on my rubi and see how it works. Maybe better off since I only have 4:10's at the moment anyway.

I swear if some one tried this and it worked I'd be rollin on 37's next week though.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nevermind, I saw it again and he had a rubi, fully flexed on a large boulder, no rubbing according to the owner.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

So a cheap budget boost, new shocks, xenons, narrow bumpers and 37s should work fine. Put the flaris and tires on first and then do some measuring before you commit to any lift and only lift what is needed. Now if you want monster flex and lots of articulation then a high end long arm would be necessary but for your average off roader and weekend trail blazer, this should work fine... Someone do it first and blaze that trail for us

Quick Reply: 37's with xenon flat fenders