Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37s with only a 2.5BB?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37s with only a 2.5BB?

Okay, someone must have tried this.

I have a 2.5inch Rough Country BB with Shock extenders, Teraflex 3in bump stop extenders front and rear, rear brake line drop brackets and JKS adjustable track bars. All on a 4 door rubicon.

I know 35s wil fit based on other forums and statements by Rough Country and Teraflex. But how about 37s? Keep in mind that I am using my jeep as intended.... on the trail.

Based on a visual, it appears that with the proper backspacing, 37s will fit. The stock sliders will probably have to be trimmed about an inch on the rear and maybe some trimming on the body tab in the same area. Then maybe the fenders will need to be trimmed with a hot knife as many of you have done. Other than that I think it will work. I base this on part on the lenght of the bump stop extensions, they measure three inches, blocks in the rear and actual extenders in the front. Based on going from a 32in to a 37in, I am only adding 2.5inches of additional tire (based on the radius).

Now please tell me what you have found or that your think (or know) I am missing.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
JK Newbie

alternatively, you could do the 2.5 BB, a 1" bodylift, and Xenon narrow fenders, and you can clear 37's no problem--maybe just an extra inch on the bumpstop--or just trim the pinch seam etc.

might check that option out--huge tires, plenty of articulation, and a low center of gravity. It looks pretty sick.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen 35's w/ no lift and Xenon flares and It looks pretty cool.

Last edited by ZoSo-Green; 07-30-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 PM
JK Newbie

care to post a pic or two of yours?
I've not seen 2dr's with this setup as of yet
Old 03-17-2009, 02:41 AM
JK Super Freak

yes with flatfenders
Old 03-17-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

yea hells I wana see both of those setups !!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With the way RubyDoo is setup running her TF 2.5BB and unlimited Rubicon springs with ONLY the stock bump stops, i would think it would work.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepnboy
Okay, someone must have tried this.

I have a 2.5inch Rough Country BB with Shock extenders, Teraflex 3in bump stop extenders front and rear, rear brake line drop brackets and JKS adjustable track bars. All on a 4 door rubicon.

I know 35s wil fit based on other forums and statements by Rough Country and Teraflex. But how about 37s? Keep in mind that I am using my jeep as intended.... on the trail.

Based on a visual, it appears that with the proper backspacing, 37s will fit. The stock sliders will probably have to be trimmed about an inch on the rear and maybe some trimming on the body tab in the same area. Then maybe the fenders will need to be trimmed with a hot knife as many of you have done. Other than that I think it will work. I base this on part on the lenght of the bump stop extensions, they measure three inches, blocks in the rear and actual extenders in the front. Based on going from a 32in to a 37in, I am only adding 2.5inches of additional tire (based on the radius).

Now please tell me what you have found or that your think (or know) I am missing.
in order to make this work without any rubbing, you will most likely need to trim your fenders front and rear. in the rear, you will definitely need to trim your pinch seam as well. with this setup, it will work.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by neoxxis
What the hell exactly is bump stops?

The big grey rubber cushions inside the coils or what?
Pics please...?

I've read these words 1000 times but never actually got to ask the question...

I guess it's the rubber thing that prevents the coils from "compressing" too much...

[Update: Ok got it... Yes it's the cushion, to prevent the axle from coming too far up, pushing the wheels into the fenders...
Longer bump stops would lower flex, but prevent fender damages... Right?]
yup, you got it. it will reduce the amount of stuff you have but they are really needed to prevent the over compression of your coils.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

that is a nice setup plan man I'd rock it but my lil Dturdy would blow up!

Quick Reply: 37s with only a 2.5BB?