Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which 37in tire for mud and clay?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Go with the KM2's

x2 on that...Im running 35" KM2s on mine and I love them...they do the job imo
Old 06-10-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
I don't usually speak in absolutes but for mud, there is no better tire than a Bogger- period. The other tires previously listed do OK but a Bogger is designed specifically for mud. They have deeper lugs and more open spacing to help clean the tire out. The side lugs really work in the deep stuff. They're not bad in rock but aren't good on wet sidehills due to their design.
x2. For dedicated mud, non DD, low mileage Jeep, this is what I would run.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by john smack
Pitbul Rocker Radials get me through the mud and clay and offer alot of traction when your in off camber situations.. unlike boggers which act more like a ski.
If you are in a situation like myself who runs very narrow very muddy and slick trails look for a tire that good tread gaps between lugs all the way across the face of the tread. I have had good results with Xterrains, Rockers, and my buddy has a set of MTZ's that seem to really work and clear well.
I like the look of the pitbull rockers they are a nice tire there just heavy. Most of my wheeling consist of tight muddy trails also. Ive looked at the exterrians but they didn't seem to look like a good mud tire to me?

Quick Reply: Which 37in tire for mud and clay?