Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37 tires for a daily driver, good and bad tire options please

Old 04-29-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37 tires for a daily driver, good and bad tire options please

I have a Sahara unlimited with lift and high steer kit, Auto trans and 5:13 gears, will i be looking for problems going to 37" tires?

what would be my best choice in a 37" for daily driver, 20,000 mi a year

currently runing 35 1250 17 procomp AT XT tires
Old 04-29-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

If you drive that many miles in a year I'd say stick with an all terrain tire. It will wear better and last longer. Otherwise with an MT you'll be getting new tires about every 2-3 years. And as far as the 37 goes you should be fine. Just make sure you get some c-gussets and check your ball joints periodically too. Or just replace them with some pro-steers
Old 04-29-2012, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have Falken 35's and they are great on road, smooth, quiet and wearing very well. I put as many miles on my Jeep too, I am thinking of going to 37's, because I like the looks, and I will be using Falkens again, regardless of size! But as the above poster said, cd's and sleeves with that size of tires.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the most part I agree with the suggestion of sticking to an AT. If you feel you must go with an MT though I would suggest the Toyo M/T. Though I did not particularly like them, they were an uber tough tire and wore like iron. The only reason I didn't care for them was I didn't feel they gripped well enough for me when rock crawling.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go with super swamper boggers those work great on the street
For real though def stick with AT's and I think BFG AT's are the way to go plus there really light and that will help your components from extra stress
Old 04-30-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thecoz
Go with super swamper boggers those work great on the street
For real though def stick with AT's and I think BFG AT's are the way to go plus there really light and that will help your components from extra stress
Are the BFG KM2,s a light tire also
Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Hifirush
I have Falken 35's and they are great on road, smooth, quiet and wearing very well. I put as many miles on my Jeep too, I am thinking of going to 37's, because I like the looks, and I will be using Falkens again, regardless of size! But as the above poster said, cd's and sleeves with that size of tires.
i have to agree, if this is for a DD and MPG is important, something like falken's are the way to go.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your looking for the "look" of a 37 because your 35's or 33's arent big enough, than an all terrain is not going to work for you because its not going to look as beefy to you. I love my trail grapplers they are great on the road. Dont try and determine what 37's you get based on "better gas mileage" or anything like that, go for the look. I will say if you get to where I was and cant really decide betweeen a trail grappler and a toyo, go with the trail grappler. I know the sidewall of the toyo is one of the nicest looking sidewalls out there but they are SO freaking heaavy...they are the heaviest tire out there, your just asking for the WORST possible gas mileage you can get. But if you are between those 2, and really really like the toyo better, than go with what you absolutely like or else you wont be happy
Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jknit
if your looking for the "look" of a 37 because your 35's or 33's arent big enough, than an all terrain is not going to work for you because its not going to look as beefy to you. I love my trail grapplers they are great on the road. Dont try and determine what 37's you get based on "better gas mileage" or anything like that, go for the look. I will say if you get to where I was and cant really decide betweeen a trail grappler and a toyo, go with the trail grappler. I know the sidewall of the toyo is one of the nicest looking sidewalls out there but they are SO freaking heaavy...they are the heaviest tire out there, your just asking for the WORST possible gas mileage you can get. But if you are between those 2, and really really like the toyo better, than go with what you absolutely like or else you wont be happy
Originally Posted by Jeeper1024
For gas mileage and all around wear on the jeep I would look for a lighter tire. Nittos tend to be heavy. You will miss the tread of the MT if you go to all terrain
as you may or may not know, i am a HUGE toyo and nitto fan because of how well their tires perform BUT, there is more to MPG than just weight alone. rolling resistance or, the lack there of will do more for your MPG than anything. trust me, i have tested all of the tires mentioned and can tell you that falken's are probably heavier than a set of trail grapplers but, will give you about 4 MPG more than them.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

I am currently running 37 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my 2012 and love them. Very quiet and comfortable on road for an aggressive tread tire. Averaging about 16-17 mpg mixed driving (grandma style - never in a hurry).

Quick Reply: 37 tires for a daily driver, good and bad tire options please