Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37" Tires and ...?

Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37" Tires and ...?

I want to run 37" tires with a lift, so first what size lift? Then, is it at all possible to run them with stock axles? I use my jeep for some moderately bad roads and some pastureland driving. Can someone explain what I'll need in laymans terms? I've read and read other Q&As but I can't make sense of them
Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read the stickies at the top of thread
Old 07-22-2014, 09:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

As noted, start with the threads stuck right to the top of this modified area. You will find info on lift height vs tire size, the various lift and steering components, gearing suggestions, etc.

Can you run 37's on un-modified axles? Of course. Will you bend or break? No clue, roll the dice. Plenty of threads discussing this, with people on both sides of the argument. Do a little research into the various options, (C gussets, truss, inner sleeves, outer sleeves, skids, hd mounts, alloy shafts, hd ball joints, etc), price them (with the labor for install if you don't weld or don't want to do it yourself, since many of the prices you will see posted are parts only!!), then factor in a realistic vision of your use and needs. Bottom line is that no one can tell you if you will or won't have an issue, so no one can tell you what 'you' need, or don't need.

One of the many, many threads that will help totally confuse you...
Poll D30 w/ 37"^ tires - View Poll Results

Quick Reply: 37" Tires and ...?