Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which 37" tire would you pick?

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Kevlars, had them pressed against some rocks and sidewalls laughed. A couple weeks ago I pulled out a nail out of a knob. I thought it's a small clip, but turned out it was a thick nail that went past the knob and at least 1/8" into the tire. The tire is still doing fine, no leaks. No problems balancing either.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by suicideking
Go with the GY MTR/K.

The shop that I got mine at (work only on Jeeps) has put on 100's of these and has never had a problem with balancing. Plus the sidewall is tough, won't puncture easily like many of the others.

Stay away from the Nittos. Way too heavy, meant more for full size trucks.
I don't understand this fear of weight on tires. Jeepers are known for putting on heavy bumpers, heavy winches and heavy racks all over their Jeeps. But with tires, there is this big fear of weight on tires. Yes, of course I realize it causes some more wear and tear, but so do all these other items that are put on the Jeep. Most of all however, weight is actually a good thing to have on the lowest possible point on the Jeep, it helps keep all four on the ground. Moreover, having to constantly worry about your sidewalls isn't much fun either. Ask WoL what he thinks about this.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by open_speed

I don't understand this fear of weight on tires. Jeepers are known for putting on heavy bumpers, heavy winches and heavy racks all over their Jeeps. But with tires, there is this big fear of weight on tires. Yes, of course I realize it causes some more wear and tear, but so do all these other items that are put on the Jeep. Most of all however, weight is actually a good thing to have on the lowest possible point on the Jeep, it helps keep all four on the ground. Moreover, having to constantly worry about your sidewalls isn't much fun either. Ask WoL what he thinks about this.
I agree. I will be sticking with my heavy and durable Nittos
Old 10-15-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

I agree. I will be sticking with my heavy and durable Nittos
On a side note.... I'm going to try the Toyo's or Nitto's next time around
Old 10-15-2012, 05:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have 37" BFG km2's cuz I got a deal on them. 4 with 90% tread and brand new spare for $1000, haven't had any problems with them yet, they.hold up ok in the rocks, but.when I get some d60's I will get either toyo open country or nitro trail graps for sure
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I have 37" Falken wild peaks. Great road manners, balancing was okay needed to spin a couple of them. Mine have worn well and they do well offroad.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very happy with my nitto trail grapplers. Over 7000 road and offroad miles. Dirt, mud, rock, desert...the only thing I haven't tested them in is snow and that's hopefully on the way soon!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by open_speed
The rails and bumpers aren't spinning and aren't attached to your axle. With heavier tires, you run a higher risk of breaking something such as axle shafts. Not as much of a concern if you're running a Dynatrac PR44, chromoly shafts. Sleeving would also help.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nitto's, just not for my Jeep. I plan on getting a full size pickup eventually and will probably put the Nitto's on it.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Love my trail grapplers.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered m 37' BF Goodrich KM2 Mud Terrains. I picked this tire because its only 5lbs more than my 35's. hopefully I will be happy with them. 2 weeks away from install.

Quick Reply: Which 37" tire would you pick?