Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37" spare with a body-lift

Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37" spare with a body-lift

I was curious if a 37" spare would fit on the tail gate with a 1" body-lift?
If a 35 will fit depending on backspacing or adding a spacer then in theory a 37 should work with a body-lift. Could anybody cofirm this?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

im not 100% sure but why don't you measure see if it works....i don't see why it would not work if a 35 fits... i would think you would be fine with a 1 inch body lift and you would def be ok if you used a spacer.... there was a post yesterday about someone who found a sweet spacer i will try and find the post i think they got it on ebay for 50$ and it was beefy looking
Old 07-01-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

With the right backspacing it should fit, BUT, that might be a little too much weight for the tailgate. Personally, I wouldn't go over 35" tires just to ensure that the tailgate will not get damaged from the weight.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also would be more worried about the weight of a 37 tire.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I can tell you this, I had a 35" spare on with the body lift and cleared easily. I did the bumper mod to move the bumper back up 1" and can still fit the 35" spare on the factory carrier with a 1.5" Spidertrax spacer. There is actually still a small bit of clearance left. Having said all that, everyone else is thinking the same thing as me and that is a 37" spare on the factory equipment is going to lead to bad things for your tailgate eventually. I'm a little worried about my 35. I hope to have decided on rear tire carrier/bumper and have money by next summer.

Quick Reply: 37" spare with a body-lift