Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37" nitto mud's what would be the best size rim ????

Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 37" nitto mud's what would be the best size rim ????

What would be the best size rim for 37" tire ??
Old 08-10-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what ever size you have. just kiding, it all depends on your prefferance. i like a 17 inch wheel with tires up to 40. the rim size will determin the price you pay for tires alot of times. with a 15 wheel you will be cheaper in general than a 17 but limited on brakes fitment etc.... 17 has alot more sizes avalible and is very common. a 18 or 20 in wheel will look better with bigger tires (40 plus my opinion) but tires are usally way more in these size wheel.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Johnny t
What would be the best size rim for 37" tire ??

I have the 17" AEV Pinter Beadlocks on mine and love them. I did have to go with 1 1/4" spacers on mine because the tires were hitting the rear control arm.

Chido

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I really like the way it looks. did u have to get new gears ? I think I was looking at 513 but do I hve to get front and rear ? And I just got my lift it's a rancho 4" lift with 9000xl shocks. I wanted 35 but really am thinking about 37s now.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

I had the 5.13 gears for 3 weeks and installed the 5.38 and have been very happy with the performance now. I can now be in overdrive on the freeway where with the 5.13's 60 mph max in overdrive.

You only need to re-gear the rear if you never want to engage 4wd. otherwise when you do engage it your front tires are going to be squealing/ squaking and be much faster than your rear.

chido

Quick Reply: 37" nitto mud's what would be the best size rim ????