Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37" nitto mudgrabbers?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jvandy50
I had 37s on an h2 and the tread life was about 20k and that was stretching it. But they did handle good and I actually like the sound. And yes they sling mud well!
I'd say you had tire pressure or alignment issues. 24k on mine and I still have 70% tread depth on all 4. Rotate every oil change ( 5k or so), and run at 26-28 psi.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 35's for 2 years with over 13,000 mi and they are down to about 1/3 original tread. I DD mine everyday but it's only like 5 mi to work and drive it twice a day and down to San Diego at least once a month. Great tire in the rocks, I live in the desert so no mud, ok on the road. I think mine ride rough (load range E) but my JK only weighs 5000lbs and the roads out here are crap. I have punched a whole in two of them right in the side biters doing 15-30 mph on the desert floor on creosote bushes. Not a big deal, developed a slow leak each time and only took 1 plug for each. I have chunked them a little but not bad considering JV's terrain. I have notice that they seem sensative to temp changes of 20 degrees or more(happens often out here) they get a flat spot when cold and ride smoother warmed up. With the temp change I have to air them up or they start cupping in a day or two.

mike

Last edited by lamar95x4; 01-29-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highoctane
I'd say you had tire pressure or alignment issues. 24k on mine and I still have 70% tread depth on all 4. Rotate every oil change ( 5k or so), and run at 26-28 psi.
there very well could have been. it was lifted the cheap way, but none of them wore unevenly. i dont know if the extra 2000 pounds h2s carry could have done it the toyos i put on after wore much better. if i woulda known you guys were getting good life out of them i woulda considered em more

Quick Reply: 37" nitto mudgrabbers?