Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37 inch tires and how much lift????

Old 01-22-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 37 inch tires and how much lift????

How much lift is needed to clear 37” tires? It seems like every lift has a different height in the end. I have read that some people have 4” lifts and have problems and others that have 3” with 37s. Maybe this might make it easier as I can’t find a good answer by searching. For the guys with 37s:

How far from the center of the axle straight up to the bottom outer edge of the stock fender? (For the front and rear)

Same question for the flat fenders.

How much rubbing do you have, if any?

I have a Full Traction 3” ultimate and measured 25” in the front and 24 1/2” in the rear. When I installed my 3” lift I had more than 3 inches. I hope to buy tires soon and want to go to 37” if it is possible.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the 3" Full Traction long arm. My coils and shocks are from my ultimate kit.

I added 4" bump stops front and rear(Fulltraction Bump stops) and did some trimming I ran this one the road until I installed the flat fenders. You can easily chop your stock ones to work

here it is stuffed

More images of flexing are here
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/purejeep-flat-fenders-37s-w-3-long-arm-wheeling-pics-104155/

I cut the pinch seem off in the rear. it now follows the contour of my rockers.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 01-22-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Stock flare pics
http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.p...45406&ppuser=7

pinch seam

stock flares
Old 01-23-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I appreciate the replies. The reason is asked the question about the distance from the axle to the bottom of the fender is because when I put my lift on I got about 5 and ½ inches on the front and 4 and Ό in the back. It did settle a little but I can’t remember my original measurements. I like the flat fenders but I want to keep the stock ones for now. The Jeeps come with different springs and heights form the factory so a 3 inch lift for me (turned out to be more) is different form the next Jeep. For example if a Jeep with a 4 inch lift has 37” tires and the same distance as I do from axle to fender I won’t need to do much for 37s. But if the same Jeep has more distance from the axle to the fender well then I guess I would need longer springs and a bunch of other stuff. I know I have to do some trimming. But if it is too much then I will stick with 35s. I will need to regear either way.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

So all I need to do is 4 inch bump stops, adjust the steering stops, and cut the pinch seam? As long as I stay with about 4.75 to 4.50 inches of back spacing on the rims? That should eliminate the serious rubbing.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by The Jeep
So all I need to do is 4 inch bump stops, adjust the steering stops, and cut the pinch seam? As long as I stay with about 4.75 to 4.50 inches of back spacing on the rims? That should eliminate the serious rubbing.
depending on the width of the 37's you plan to run you'll might need more BS than that.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
depending on the width of the 37's you plan to run you'll might need more BS than that.
Yep, if your running 12.5 you'll be fine.
If ghe stock flares are left un cut. You will rub hard upfront
Old 02-01-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

So flat fender are a must unless I lift it higher and even then a 4 inch lift will still rub on the fenders.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

So for my set up: if I stay with stock fenders and no body lift I need 4" bump stops, is that 4 inches tall or bump stops from a 4 inch lift?

If I have all kinds of rubbing then I will need either taller bump stops or flat fenders.............the wife when I tell her

Quick Reply: 37 inch tires and how much lift????