Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35x14.50 tires!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fadeout
I agree with you 100% on the 35" MTR's they were one of the worst tires I had owned and was very reluctant to choose them again, but after getting into the nitty gritty details I found they were a decent choice and had better numbers than the toyos. Prob why I dislike the ride of the toyo's so much. I appreciate you taking a little more time to answer the question at hand a little better than I did. As for the Mud Graps I honestly felt they were a softer ride but once again so many different things could have come into play, ( overall vehicle weight, pressure, etc...) that I may have not noticed it as much I should have.
It's all good and I look to making my decision on the MTRs in haste as a big mistake. Going out of town for a couple weeks, needed new tires and the Toyo MTs were back ordered everywhere. I opted for the MTRs loaded up all my gear and headed off. I had issues with sidewall sway on winding state highways through Virginia and aired up the rear tires to 35psi. Made my way to the coast, chalk tested and ended up at 35psi rear tires and 30psi fronts. Probably would have been better off if I could have put 37/8 psi in the rear and a couple extra psi in the fronts. A lot of things I'll overstep the bounds of, but I'm not surpassing manufacturers max psi ratings on tires and I'm not short changing my brakes.

Live and learn I guess, and I should have ordered the 37" MTRs and Flat flares. Planman got me hooked up on building an LCG ride and I went back to my softer stock springs shortly after returning home. Still miss my Toyos, and still have a set on my Dodge Ram. No idea which way I run next time on the JK, but I'll certainly be paying a lot more attention to the service description.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nateb
it will be mostly sand and mud, i wont see to much rock crawling if any
Sand wider, mud narrower. Throw in the occasional snow and you'll be better off with a narrower tire.

Quick Reply: 35x14.50 tires!