Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35x12.50-17 options since BFG MT's are still backordered

Old 09-01-2013, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put an order for a set myself. The tire shop called BFG and they should start delivering them mid to late September. They started production in mid August. The tire shop says since they started making KM2's for jeep that has been priority number one causing this back order. I'm like you I want my BFG's so I'm trying to wait.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwiencek
So - tired of waiting on a set of the BFG MT's to get back in stock

Looking for options/suggestions on tires in the 35" range. Been considering getting the General Grabber's but worried about the 'e' load range riding harsh, The Fierce Fierce Attitude MT's look to be a relative bargain but I haven't heard anything much about them. Then there is the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 that looks like it would be quiet for a MT on the road (another "E" rated tire though)

Just wanting some opinions before spending the cash...
I would refrain from buying a tire for my JK with a load index over 121 REGARDLESS of load rating (plys). With that said, if I was running a 35/17/17, instead of our 285/75 KM2, it would be a MTR.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

I have the fierce attitude, really like them so far. They seem to be from a mold very similar to the Goodyear duratrac, but a bit more aggressive perhaps. Good highway manners, and very good offroad. Ill buy them again.

Greg
Old 09-03-2013, 03:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bwiencek
So - tired of waiting on a set of the BFG MT's to get back in stock

Looking for options/suggestions on tires in the 35" range. Been considering getting the General Grabber's but worried about the 'e' load range riding harsh, The Fierce Fierce Attitude MT's look to be a relative bargain but I haven't heard anything much about them. Then there is the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 that looks like it would be quiet for a MT on the road (another "E" rated tire though)

Just wanting some opinions before spending the cash...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't waste your money on the Kuhmo's...they are crap. I've had mine on for just over a year now, maybe 15k-20k miles on them and they are down to their last leg. They are soft and I get great traction off road, but they look like a badger has been eating away at them with chunks and deep cuts. Their life is short, in fact my local tire shop just stopped carrying all of kuhmo's products because of all the poor reviews they had been getting
Old 09-03-2013, 03:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitto terra grappler or Nitto trail grappler. Problem solved.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running Nitto Trail Grapplers (35x12.5x17) for almost a year now, nearly 30,000 miles. I really like the tire, balanced them using dynabeads (8oz) with no issues. Although they are an "E" rated tire they flex really well when aired down. I keep them around 28psi and they ride well on road with low road noise.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GregM
I have the fierce attitude, really like them so far. They seem to be from a mold very similar to the Goodyear duratrac, but a bit more aggressive perhaps. Good highway manners, and very good offroad. Ill buy them again.

Greg
I have the Fierce also and have been very happy with them. They were originally made by Goodyear and then passed on to Kelly and another partner with Goodyear, cant remember who right now. The price was good at the time, about $235 a tire for 35's. They have almost the same pattern as the Duratrac but with slightly larger gaps between the lugs, I think it is actually considered a MT instead of AT tire because of this. The only thing I would change about them is that stupid barbed wire pattern on the sidewall but most people never notice.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

I'm running the Fierce Attitude 35x12.5x17 Very happy with them. They make less noise than the original KM 32". And the price is great. $220.0 per tire.

Fierce Tires | Attitude M/T

Name:  featuresTab-tread-face.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  2.5 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	tire-fierce-attitude-mt-tread-face.png
Views:	143
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	495130
Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+1 for Nitto Trail Grapplers. I have them and they are very good.

Quick Reply: 35x12.50-17 options since BFG MT's are still backordered