Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35x12.50-17 options since BFG MT's are still backordered

Old 09-01-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35x12.50-17 options since BFG MT's are still backordered

So - tired of waiting on a set of the BFG MT's to get back in stock

Looking for options/suggestions on tires in the 35" range. Been considering getting the General Grabber's but worried about the 'e' load range riding harsh, The Fierce Fierce Attitude MT's look to be a relative bargain but I haven't heard anything much about them. Then there is the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 that looks like it would be quiet for a MT on the road (another "E" rated tire though)

Just wanting some opinions before spending the cash...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You're referring to the KM2, correct? Hadn't heard that they were backordered, at least discount tire said they would have no problem getting them last week when I was in there.

You might add the Maxxis Bighorn to your list of tires to look at. They were about $100 less per tire than KM2 or MTR/K when I bought them. Turned out to be a very good tire, especially for the price savings.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Take a look at Nitto Trail Grappler. Really happy with my 33's. Going to go with 35's or 37's next time they need to be replaced.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nittos are great tires lots people I wheel w/ have these and love em. Personally I run the Dick Cepek mud country's and these things kick a## in the rocks and mud. Plus they ride good on pavement.

Sent from the Antarctic
Old 09-01-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had 3 sets of Fun Country's and really liked them. DC's are also a nice tire.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I've said before, ask 20 individuals for their favorite.....get 20 different answers. We all have our favorites, sometimes from actual experience and sometimes from hearsay. I Personally love the MTZ's but then again, I've never run anything else so I have no comparison. Off road in the mud, rocks, sand and very pleasant road manners make it a happy combination for me. I am ready for a new set here shortly and went to Americas Tire and was quoted 300 per tire! I couldn't come even close to that anywhere else. That was for 35's on 17.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You're referring to the KM2, correct? Hadn't heard that they were backordered, at least discount tire said they would have no problem getting them last week when I was in there.
I just double-checked everyone elses websites before I posted just in case one of the mail-order places got them in. Their website said they're backordered (just in the 35's -rest of the sizes are available)

I probably should have qualified the question asking for suggestions - I'm looking for something that rides nice on the pavement and does well off-road on the rocks and dirt - not into Mud so mud performance is less of a concern. I probably do 4-5 weekends a year off road - the rest of the time is on pavement so pavement performance is high on the list (quiet) but don't want to go to a highway style A/T tire - possibly some of the real agressive AT's might work.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

I have been happy with duratracs, Mtr-ks, Toyo mts and cooper stt. Duratracs were the best all around tire for DD.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

The Nitto trail grappler and Toyo MT are both great tires on and off road, but are e rated and on the heavier side. Both are quiet, durable, and ride good.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bwiencek
I just double-checked everyone elses websites before I posted just in case one of the mail-order places got them in. Their website said they're backordered (just in the 35's -rest of the sizes are available)

I probably should have qualified the question asking for suggestions - I'm looking for something that rides nice on the pavement and does well off-road on the rocks and dirt - not into Mud so mud performance is less of a concern. I probably do 4-5 weekends a year off road - the rest of the time is on pavement so pavement performance is high on the list (quiet) but don't want to go to a highway style A/T tire - possibly some of the real agressive AT's might work.
I ran the Falkens Wild Peaks - they do real well on pavement (better gas mileage then my BFG's) are great in the rain, wear great if you keep them rotated, they did real good off-road on rocks etc ok in the mud but it's not a deep mud or snow tire.

only reason I switched to the BFG AT is because of the amount of winter driving I do now but am considering running both because of the much better ride Falken provide over the BFG.

Quick Reply: 35x12.50-17 options since BFG MT's are still backordered