Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35x12.5 for winter ?

Old 09-29-2015, 02:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35x12.5 for winter ?

Hi, I'm loonking to buy Duratracs in 35, should I keep them for winter( lot of snow and ice here) or keep OEM size for the snow. Will the Jeep look funny with a 2.5 or 3 inch lift and OEM sized tires?
Old 09-29-2015, 04:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK4life83
Hi, I'm loonking to buy Duratracs in 35, should I keep them for winter( lot of snow and ice here) or keep OEM size for the snow. Will the Jeep look funny with a 2.5 or 3 inch lift and OEM sized tires?
I have 315 Duratracs and they are awesome for winter.

My jeep looked funny with Stock 17" wheels and stock tires!!!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock wheels/tires will look goofy with pretty much any lift, especially the pizza cutters ones with the Goodyear ST tires.
Size of the tire won't matter as much as proper compound, AT vs MT vs Winter for example, i used to run MT tires in previous rigs, and they sucked for winter street driving and mostly anything with snow/ice unless the snow was heavily packed, AT tires are way better for winter driving, and the Duratracs have excellent reviews in this regards, but sometimes a true winter tire is needed depending on terrain/winter conditions and local laws, no AT tire will beat winter tires traction unless they're studded,which of course requires the tarmac to be iced, besides the ice, wait until you want to pull the studs out when needed
The only other issue with 35's will be gearing, if the Jeep is not geared up accordingly, you'll hate driving it, especially if you got the 3.8l motor.

Quick Reply: 35x12.5 for winter ?