Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35s & Toe-In?

Old 04-22-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35s & Toe-In?

Originally Posted by JK-FORUM.COM
However, if you’ve just install 35" tires, you may want to consider increasing your toe in to about an 1/8".
Hello All

For those of you that are running 35" tires. Did you immediately adjust you Toe-in? If not has there been any problems when driving your JK (i.e. wandering, shimmy or Death wobble).....I know the adjustment is easy to do and only takes a few minutes, but I just wanted to get a general consensus. Thanks..
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the faq was made way back when this forum was first started and was based on what most of us did back in the TJ days. after a few years of working on JK's, i can tell you that no additional toe-in adjustment is necessary after installing 35" tires.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
....after a few years of working on JK's, i can tell you that no additional toe-in adjustment is necessary after installing 35" tires.
Thanks WOL...That just makes things a lot simple 35s here I come
Old 04-23-2010, 12:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

some run them a bit toe out with good results
Old 04-23-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

You most likely wont need to do anything as WOL said, but it wouldnt hurt to take measurements before and after, especially if you are lifting at the same time. I have mine set to 1/16" toe-in, and its perfect.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CitadelJeep04
You most likely wont need to do anything as WOL said, but it wouldnt hurt to take measurements before and after, especially if you are lifting at the same time. I have mine set to 1/16" toe-in, and its perfect.
Thanks for the tip.....I am currently running the 2.5" TF coil kit with a 1" M.O.R.E. body lift on 33s....
Old 04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonMA
some run them a bit toe out with good results
yes, some do but it is not the right thing to do. jeeps are rear wheel driven vehicles and toe-in the the appropriate toe adjustment that needs to be made. you only toe-out on front wheel drive vehicles. people who toe-out typically do so in an effort to fix suspension issues like death wobble but, it is far from a fix as all it does is mask whatever the real problem is.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Default caster

may want to check your caster after doing all your mods. from experience, that will make your rig wander all over the road more than anything - especially if you have negative caster and uneven roads!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
may want to check your caster after doing all your mods. from experience, that will make your rig wander all over the road more than anything - especially if you have negative caster and uneven roads!
Will do....I purchased the TF front control arms with the lift, but opted not to install them just yet. So far my JK unlimited drives fine & doesnt feel flighty....Once I get the 35s and give them a test drive I will then install the CAs...Thanks...
Old 04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aldaman
Will do....I purchased the TF front control arms with the lift, but opted not to install them just yet. So far my JK unlimited drives fine & doesnt feel flighty....Once I get the 35s and give them a test drive I will then install the CAs...Thanks...
If you like the way it drives after you put the 35's on, dont change anything else until you need to. I spent a good 6 weeks trying to dial my suspension in after the lift. Although my problem was that I added axles, LCA's, tires, and a lift all at the same time. I didnt know that the balljoints on the newish axles were shot, so I had a helluva time trying to get it right until I figured out they were shot...

Quick Reply: 35s & Toe-In?