Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35's on a teraflex performance leveling kit

Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
With stock flares and no body lift, you need 2.5" extended bumpstops to off road with 35s.

With flat flares, you don't need any front extended bumpstops for 35s. However, you still need rear extended bumpstops unless you cut the entire radius of the rear pinch seam fender wells.

With a body lift, or with rear extended bumpstops, you don't have to cut/trim as much of the rear fender wells.

This is why most on 35s and stock flares do a 2.5" suspension lift that includes 2.5" front and rear extended bumpstops.

Lift height does not directly matter if you do not extend bumpstops, or clearance fenders with flat flares and/or a sawsall.

If you run 4" tall springs with stock flares but do not have extended bumpstops to limit the uptravel of the axle, 35s will rub the stock flares.
I just wanted to be sure I understand correctly - 2011 2 door Rubicon, no lift. If I trim fender flairs and do a Full pinch seam trim I'll be OK off road with 35's? No need for extended bump stops?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes. 4.5" or less backspaced wheels, and very aggressive rear fender well pinch seam trimming.

It is best to remove the rear springs and the rear yellow bumpstops, then reinstall the tires-wheels and lower the frame--trimming along the way--until the stock rear upper cups rest on the stock lower rear bumpstop pads. Then, you will know for sure that you have trimmed enough.

Otherwise, you will need to disconnect your front swaybar and find an RTI ramp or similar to completely flex the rear to the bumpstops.

You may need to add 1-4 washers to your front steering stops to avoid rubbing the control arms and swaybar on a full lock turn.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: 35's on a teraflex performance leveling kit