Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35's on stock spare tire carrie?

Old 01-30-2016, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the rugged ridge tire carrier/tailgate support. 495$ shipped on amazon for both pieces. Teraflex is almost 800 fir the same thing!!
Old 01-30-2016, 04:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm Running a 35 and 2 gallons of gas and a gallon of water on the back on the stock hinge and carrier. I just got lucky though my spare actually rests on the bumper. I mean you can't even slide a piece of paper in-between it. But it opens with ease no rattles. I did jam 2 black racket balls to extend the isolators now its super snug to the Jeep. I'v abused this baby on the trail and no adverse effects.

Saying that I don't recommend doing it I just got lucky with it resting on the bumper.

I'm glad you went ahead withe the RR spartan Hinge. I was looking into that one but when I do go 37's I'm going to have to get the full TeraFlex system because I want to add the accessory mount. (I want to add more RotoPax to my Jeep)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3610.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	636149  
Old 01-30-2016, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jlp10
Does anybody know if a 35" tire on a 17" rim with 4.75" backspacing will fit on a stock spare tire carrier with a stock rear bumper? I have read there are some strength issues and the tailgate will soon have problems, but can it be done for a short while? Thanks 2007 Jeep JK
My 35 has been hanging on my stock tire carrier for a little over a year. A couple wheelin trips on it and no issues/rattles to date. I have 3.25" backspacing so there is a little more leverage working against mine than there would be on that setup. I just made sure that I had secured the proper length rubber isolators before throwing it on.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Running 35" KM2 on the back for 8k miles and wheeling at least 2 weekends a month for the last 6 months. Found this nice bend in the gate last weekend.

Quick Reply: 35's on stock spare tire carrie?