Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35s and Stock Bumpers

Old 09-14-2009, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35s and Stock Bumpers

I am getting ready to have a Rancho 4 inch lift installed and I plan on having new Rugged Ridge wheels and 35s installed. Will I have any rubbing with the stock bumpers? I eventually will be getting new bumpers but the lift and regearing are going to tap out the budget for a while. Any input?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

You will be fine, there will be no rubbing on the bumpers
Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 PM
***erator

I have slight rubbing on the front bumper during full compression with my 35" Baja claws.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:47 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

as mentioned, you won't have any problems with the bumpers but unless you are going to be running wheel spacers or new wheels with less back spacing, you will have issues with the rear sidewalls rubbing the rear sway bar links. also, you "may" have issues with the tread hitting the pinch seam at the rear as well - but, nothing a hacksaw or sawzall couldn't fix.

Quick Reply: 35s and Stock Bumpers