Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35s no lift no spacers

Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35s no lift no spacers

Quick question

This is temporary !!

I got trimmed fenders
Stock suspension on a rubicon

Can I fit 35 12.5 17 Sized tires with no spacers ??
It's almost winter
Don't plan on doing offroading so I won't need articulation

I do have a spacer lift waiting to b installed
Might b a few months though

And eventually I will have spacers or better rims

So for now can 35s fit on stock rims for normal daily driving? Cut fenders
Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think your going to rub the sway bar I know I am till I get my extened links for the 4in ( 35s)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Sure you can. It's your Jeep, you can do anything you want with it.

But, those tires are 2" wider than stock, and what, 3" inches taller than stock, right? So think about it for a few minutes. There is a reason people get spacers or new rims when they add bigger tires --> the inside edge of the new tires sits further 'in to' the wheel wells, and are more likely to contact other components.

Tire sizes vary, so no idea which components you might contact, but control arms and links might be a good guess. And you do plan to turn at some point, right? How much further into the wheel wells will those 2" wider, 3" inch taller tires go then? The cut flares will help when you are offroad, but for onroad, at least go up to the write-ups area, click the index at the top, and find the thread on adjusting the steer stops.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can easily run the height with no lift and cut fenders, but your turning is gonna be limited. Throw wheel spacers on and you'd be fine. You'll also want to trim the rear pinch seam

Ps, winter wheeling is awesome!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

I kno about the pinch seam

I will b doing that
And I will b running spacers or rims (when I get the cash )

But why wait ? Lol I'd love to have the wheels on now then do spacers whenever I buy them Orr buy rims

I do have a. Spacer lift but gotta get $ for the install

And I'm aware that it will rub when turning .. But it would only b for a month or two max
Old 09-20-2013, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

At I kno winter wheeling is fun !!! But I also kno I won't b doing that for a wile so by the time I get spacers at least then I'd b doing wheelin
Old 09-20-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tych23
I kno about the pinch seam

I will b doing that
And I will b running spacers or rims (when I get the cash )

But why wait ? Lol I'd love to have the wheels on now then do spacers whenever I buy them Orr buy rims

I do have a. Spacer lift but gotta get $ for the install

And I'm aware that it will rub when turning .. But it would only b for a month or two max
Man please don't waste money to pay labor for installing coil spacers!! All you need is a set of jack stands, floor jack and some basic sockets/ wrenches. So easy to do.

As for the wheel spacers, you wouldn't need them with aftermarket wheels with 4.5" or less backspacing...
Old 09-20-2013, 05:01 AM
JK Junkie

You don't need wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels- don't let the masses fool you.

But.....if you elect to run those tires without moving them away from the components listed above then you can just about assure yourself a few cut sidewalls pretty quickly.

Your choice- $150 for spacers or all new tires because they have cut sidewalls. Just a temporary solution though. I see you've got a temporary solution for full words as well by eliminating the silent letters at the end....nice. B 4 u kno it, they'll b gon.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-20-2013, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls
You don't need wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels- don't let the masses fool you.

But.....if you elect to run those tires without moving them away from the components listed above then you can just about assure yourself a few cut sidewalls pretty quickly.

Your choice- $150 for spacers or all new tires because they have cut sidewalls. Just a temporary solution though. I see you've got a temporary solution for full words as well by eliminating the silent letters at the end....nice. B 4 u kno it, they'll b gon.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
They absolutely will not fit without wheel spacers. Have you ever tried to mount a 12.5" wide tire on a stock rim and put it on? There is direct contact with the rear control arms.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Ya I kno with proper rims I don't need wheel spacers
And idk I might b. able to install the spacer lift with a buddy

Quick Reply: 35s no lift no spacers