Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35's mounted and balanced pricing?

Old 04-08-2011, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep looking!!!! I just got my 35's mounted this week in Montana and paid $20.00 per tire. I believe some dealers quote ridiculous prices because they don't want to do it, especially if you didn't buy your tires from them. Shop around a bit and you'll find a much better deal.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm beginning to think I might be stuck dropping the cash.

I've pretty much gone down the line calling every place I can find that might mount a tire. most places can't handle 35s. other places won't touch aftermarket wheels (?).

I found a dealer and 2 tire shops that quoted me just over $200. An offroad shop could swing it but they never called back with a quote. they're an hour drive, so the gas for the drive might make up any savings they may offer anyway...

I guess everything is more expensive in the D.C. area...
Old 04-09-2011, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Mounting and balancing 35s should run between $15-25 per tire depending upon the type of wheels you have. Many aftermarket aluminum wheels require an adhesive weight balance which is more time consuming than standard snapbon lead weights. Steel wheels are easier, but either one shoul be no more than $25 per tire. I have no idea why in the hell someone would suggest taking a set of new tires that probably cost at least $800 to walmart to be mounted. When they cant even check you out right at the register half the time, why on earth would you let them touch your jeep? Find a local shop and let somebody with more experience than a 2 day training course mount them up

Quick Reply: 35's mounted and balanced pricing?