Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: What setup would you pick
Stock Moab Wheels w/ spacers on 35s
47.37%
15" alloy wheels w/o spacers on 35s
47.37%
I have a better idea for a $1500 budget
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

35s on a moab or a 15" rim

Old 06-04-2011, 10:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
15's here and lovin it! Tires are cheaper and I can run almost any super swamper even up to 44" tires.

I haven't heard of 15's and lift kit's being troublesome......do we have links to back that rumor up? I see no basis of why they would present a problem vs stock rims.
Brakes and steering.

A lot of 15" rims require trimming of the stock calipers, it completely exempts you from upgrading to larger brakes, (I think the TF kit has a 17" minimum?) and some steering upgrades won't fit without larger rims (Currie tie rod? Flips, maybe?).

And personally, I don't think I would feel very comfortable stopping those 44" swampers on the stock brakes...
Old 06-05-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Brakes and steering.

A lot of 15" rims require trimming of the stock calipers, it completely exempts you from upgrading to larger brakes, (I think the TF kit has a 17" minimum?) and some steering upgrades won't fit without larger rims (Currie tie rod? Flips, maybe?).

And personally, I don't think I would feel very comfortable stopping those 44" swampers on the stock brakes...
My 15's have about 1/4 inch to the calipers and I'm running the evo drag flip with no issues. You are right about being stuck not upgrading brakes and never thought about tie rod. Personally I won't go bigger than a 35 on a 15. When I go up to a 37 or 40 I plan on bead locks and big boy brakes. But for now 35's on 15 works fine and is a cheaper route to go.

Quick Reply: 35s on a moab or a 15" rim