Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35's and gas mileage

Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife told me, we didn't buy a jeep for gas mileage.
She then said "when it is on empty, put gas in it and enjoy it". she is a keeper
Old 04-05-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dozerdriver
Gas mileage will suffer with 35's...I get around 12 or 13 back and forth to work.
x2 on that
Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
I have not done anything with computer but i thought that was only important if u had auto, I have 6 speed. I know my speedometer is off but what does that have to do with gas mileage? I calcualted mileage based on trip where I know exact milegage so I didnt use the odometer for that. The computer says I am getting 12=13 mpg but that is not what I am seeing when I check it. The only other thing I can think of is that my fuel tank is not 18 gallons like it should be. My skid is dented up so maybe its not holding capcity anymore. I cheked milage by noting it took 1.25 tanks to go a certain distance. If my tank is holding less this may be throwing off my calcualtions. IDK. I already did the break in change and went with 80w90 convnetial oil front and rear.
Try disconnecting your battery for a while and reconnect may reset the computer and re-learn your driving habitats with the new gears???
Old 04-05-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

We run 5.38s with 315 Duratracs. I can't hand calculate, but the computer says we get from 15 to 16 hwy. After the wife drives it to work for a week, it shows 14.
Hasn't really changed from stock, but the perceived (more) power is noticeable.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rexicon
Do people even read the op's thread
I bite, what is the op's thread?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadking54
YEP, it was Rescue Green. I was just visiting my bro who lives there, and me and some guys were downtown drinking on St. Patty's Day. We spent several quality hours in the "Bell in Hand" tavern...it was parked out front in the street.

The guy was probably sitting there watching me, some drunk dude in green, crawling around his rig. If I remember correctly, which is challenging, he had an OME lift and yellow shocks, ARB diff covers, maybe a snorkel, maybe an ARB front bumper.

no JK stickers that I saw through.

That's hilarious that you know what I'm talking about...it's a big city.
wow shit...really creepy, at one point i was sitting right next to it right outside the bell in hand in my unlimited that night, it was a great rig it had mt snow stickers all over it too...surprised you didn't see me i was parked next to it for like 15 minutes waiting for my girlfriend
Old 04-05-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by rubi_kong
I bite, what is the op's thread?
Post #1 in this thread.

He is referring to a poster above him that chimed in with something that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Quick Reply: 35's and gas mileage