Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35s flat fenders no lift Questions

Old 11-26-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35s flat fenders no lift Questions

Hi guys,
I want to take advantage of the black Friday/Monday sales. Those of you that have the 35s with no lift what would you recommend to go with the fender flares? Longer shocks bump stops that sort of thing. Any advice appreciated.

My plan is 35 dunlop rovers 15x8 steelies and xenon flat fenders and a leveling kit due to front rake

Thanks
Andrew
Old 11-26-2011, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

I read it and I know I need them; however as per below if I am not lifted what size do I need? These are the type of questions I would like answered from those who are running a setup like this.

Q: Do I need to install bump stop extensions?
A: Yes. Bump stop extensions are designed to prevent the over compression of your coils and are absolutely necessary. Bump stop extensions can also help prevent the rubbing of fender flares at a full stuff as well as the bottoming out of shocks.

Q: What size bump stop extensions should I install with my lift?
A: Typically, you'll want bump stop extensions that are approximately as tall as the lift you just installed on your Jeep. In other words, if you lift your jeep 2", you'll want bump stop extensions that are about 2" tall. Now, I do say 'typically' as this is just a guide to follow and not necessarily a rule. Depending on the actual height of the coil, thickness of the wire used and the amount of winds it has, the rules can change.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

Pibully - take a look at my profile. It's pretty much what you're talking about, but I cut my OEM fenders. No extended stops in the front. The rears could be an inch shorter if you did a 1" body lift. Or if your "35's" turn out smaller, like most, you may not need as much.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pitbully
Hi guys,
I want to take advantage of the black Friday/Monday sales. Those of you that have the 35s with no lift what would you recommend to go with the fender flares? Longer shocks bump stops that sort of thing. Any advice appreciated.

My plan is 35 dunlop rovers 15x8 steelies and xenon flat fenders and a leveling kit due to front rake

Thanks
Andrew
Xenon Flares are SHIT!!! I had them and basically gave them away! They came out of the box new and were warped,
I could never straighten them out!
Old 11-28-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks I am looking now.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by photographix33
Xenon Flares are SHIT!!! I had them and basically gave them away! They came out of the box new and were warped,
I could never straighten them out!
That's why I went with Bushwackers. Every set I have seen are warped looking.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

get urself the new ACE eng. tube fenders something like $599 for all 4 corners
Old 11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Guess I am shopping all night haha gosh I need to make a decision.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you plan on doing any offroading your not going to like it. I have 35's and a 2.5'' lift and i have some rubbing issues...
Old 11-28-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

With the cost of the new shocks and the leveling kit I almost wonder if its better I just go with an OME Kit and call it a day.

Where are you rubbing?

I plan on going with 35x8x15s from my old Cherokee I had a 7.5 inch of lift and trimming.

Quick Reply: 35s flat fenders no lift Questions