Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35s with 2" and Xenon Flares

Old 01-27-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35s with 2" and Xenon Flares

I have a quick question.... I currently have a 2 inch lift on the Pearl, I have done some measuring and research and I am thinking that if I get rid of the stock flares and replace with Xenon Flares (the skinnier ones) that I should be able to clear 35s, anyone agree or have some input.......
Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

try a search. I think someone was on here just a few days ago talking about the same thing.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I beleive 35's on stock wheels rub in places other than the wheel wells.

I have the xenon's with 33's and no lift and have no rub issues - I also have 4.5" BS wheels...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

all i have is a PA 1" body lift

rubs only at full stuff but it's not too bad at all. dosen't rub any suspension or steering parts just inner fenders.

my wheels also have 3 3/4" back spacing. you might want to look at new wheels or spacers.

Last edited by casaintsfan; 01-27-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Great pic by the way, so I should be safe (other than backspacing which I already knew would probably be an issue) with that set up......
Old 01-27-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Oh and due to "budget" contraints, new wheels are unfortunately out of the question!! I have about 5 months to get it ready for a week of offroading here in MI, so I have it all planned out but you know what the say, If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him you have a plan!!! I should be good though if you are running what you are and have not had any major issues. Thanks for the input!!!

Quick Reply: 35s with 2" and Xenon Flares