Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35's on a 2 door without regearing?

Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I called jeep and turns out I have 3:73 fears as an auxiliary trans cooler already. My next question would be are 35's gonna be okay now and should I get a better trans cooler?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by One bad black JK
Ok so I called jeep and turns out I have 3:73 fears as an auxiliary trans cooler already. My next question would be are 35's gonna be okay now and should I get a better trans cooler?
I don't know about the cooler, but i think you'd be fine with 3.73's. Ideal? No. Little slower accleration worth the look and performance of 35's? IMO, yes You still might be running highway with OD off tho
Old 06-19-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by One bad black JK
Is anyone running 35's on their 2 door without regearing? I have 3:21 gears and an automatic and I am thinking about getting a superchips to help with a little power and shifting. My jeep is a 2010 with a 2.5" lift and 33's now.
I have 35" xterrains and am running 3.73 rear. I live in southwest va, lots of hills. I usually cruise highway around 6mph with od off. I have been running this way for 22k miles to problem with the tranny. I do have 5.13's just Savin the grand for the install
Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sirtreysif

I have 35" xterrains and am running 3.73 rear. I live in southwest va, lots of hills. I usually cruise highway around 6mph with od off. I have been running this way for 22k miles to problem with the tranny. I do have 5.13's just Savin the grand for the install
Do you like your xterrains? And did you mean to so NO problems with the trans?

Quick Reply: 35's on a 2 door without regearing?