Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35in tire fitment on stock tailgate

Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me give you Good advice that I didn't listen too. DON'T DO IT. I bent the shit out of my tailgate wheeling
Old 09-30-2013, 02:11 AM
JK Freak

I bought this one for $129, obviously it still attaches to the tailgate skin, but it's supposed to keep the tire from torque'ing around and holds it closer to the gate relieving stress too. Either way, much safer than using the stock carrier and much cheaper than the really heavy duty carriers if you're on a budget.

http://www.autoanything.com/jeep-top...Fcbm7AodiHAAGQ
Old 09-30-2013, 04:09 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

You can run it on your stock carrier for a while,like said above need to upgrade it soon
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skates04
You want these two things:

Spare Tire Carrier Reinforcement:
Off Camber Fabrications 130903 - Off Camber Fabrications Spare Tire Reinforcement Kit for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Note, for the carrier re-enforcement it comes with a bolt used to snap off the factory nuts on the tail gate, go to the hardware store and by a couple of grade 8 bolts (you will probably go through more than one) of the same size, the one Off Camber Fabs provides will snap on you.

Daystar KJ09144BK - Daystar Tailgate Bump Stops for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec (May not need these with the stock wheels)
Instead of wasting money on grade 8 bolts, use a large phillips screwdriver to pry out the stock nuts. Use it in the same fashion you would the bolts. Works much faster and easier.

Quick Reply: 35in tire fitment on stock tailgate