Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35 x 12.50 x 15 Mickey thompsons MTZ's won't balance.. WTF

Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pimpin
2012 rubi here. thats exactly what im trying to mount them onto. do you run them beads on your daily driver?? and is 8 ounces all your tires were off?? why not use the weight??
Yeah I run them on my daily driver. There is a chart on the Dyna Beads site for the amount of beads to use for tire size. The off road beads are just larger so they do not get caught in the valve stem. I run ATX Slab Beadlocks so I mounted my tires/rims at home. I didn't bother taking my tires/rims anywhere for balancing.

I believe the amount of beads used refers to the tire size as the beads go to where it is needed. Here is the site I purchased my set from. I'm sure the site can provide you better information to your questions.

I found out about the beads by searching this site

ht tp://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php

Last edited by buddyhydro; 03-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pimpin
yeah im gonna try the local four wheel place here in york, pa. see what they have to say.. Along with calling the place who sold them to me.. is this normal with an aggressive tread like the mtz's to be out of balance that bad..
Go to hunters website and use there locate a GSP9700 Shop tool. xxx.gsp9700.com

If they were trying to just standard spin balance them, I'm not at all surprised. Getting them roadforce balanced and my guess is they'll be OK and of course without 20ozs of weight.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JPop
Go to hunters website and use there locate a GSP9700 Shop tool. xxx.gsp9700.com

If they were trying to just standard spin balance them, I'm not at all surprised. Getting them roadforce balanced and my guess is they'll be OK and of course without 20ozs of weight.
yup that's what they originally tried to do was spinning them.. dumb asses.. i ended up doing research and found the website for the gsp9700 roadforce balance machine and located a local shop that had one. all i can say is that thing kicks ass. it wasn't able to to get them perfect. but then again that machine is 100 time more precise than say a spin mount only. I only feel a slight movement (sometimes) in the steering wheel around 40-45 but corrects itself after that and she ride like glass. had it doing 80 on the freeway straight and smooth. i couldn't believe it..

I will post picks of the set up as soon as phone gets done trying to send then for those who would like to see what they helped me acheive.. thanks everybody here on the thread
Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by buddyhydro
Yeah I run them on my daily driver. There is a chart on the Dyna Beads site for the amount of beads to use for tire size. The off road beads are just larger so they do not get caught in the valve stem. I run ATX Slab Beadlocks so I mounted my tires/rims at home. I didn't bother taking my tires/rims anywhere for balancing.

I believe the amount of beads used refers to the tire size as the beads go to where it is needed. Here is the site I purchased my set from. I'm sure the site can provide you better information to your questions.

I found out about the beads by searching this site

ht tp://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php
yup, researched it and was gonna try it, but nobody around here has it and i would have had to wait for delivery. opted for the roadforce balancing at a local shop. but thanks for the info. and i still might run the beads if the tires end up getting worse. which i hope is not the case
Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/2012-03-19%2011.23.58.jpg
Old 03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

thats if i figure how to post a damn piture
Old 03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

I know exactly what is wrong with your other tires. My friend was working as a scab on a tire factory where all the workers had a strike and the factory brought in other temp workers. So no wonder you got shitty quality tires because my friend said those temps did a horrible job.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

So you worked the issue out? Any word from where you bought em from?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stalin
I know exactly what is wrong with your other tires. My friend was working as a scab on a tire factory where all the workers had a strike and the factory brought in other temp workers. So no wonder you got shitty quality tires because my friend said those temps did a horrible job.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK BRO
So you worked the issue out? Any word from where you bought em from?
just an email stating the the issue was forwarded to the purchasing agent from the 4 wheel place i bought them from. what ever the hell that means..

Quick Reply: 35 x 12.50 x 15 Mickey thompsons MTZ's won't balance.. WTF