Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which 35" tires - please help...

Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bfg hard compund. m/t softer. what are you going to do with them?
Old 07-17-2007, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Discount Tire (if they are in your area) by far are the best to buy from, as they offer a killer road hazard program (and will warranty damage done while playing offroad.) costs about 18 bucks per tire, but they dont pro-rate treadwear, they will replace tires that are total losses (side wall punctures, etc..) with no questions asked....

I've used this warranty quite a few times, and will shop no-where else!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

i know that these are not on your list but I'm running Firestone Destination M/T's. I see that you will be driving in snow and ice and that is the reason that I chose these. they are already to be studed if required and everything i read places them best for winter driving condition. Now this most probably means that it has a softer rubber compound and will wear alittle faster but winter traction and safety is paramount to me. This is just my .02.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

As a self Identified Tire nut, I was at this same place a month ago. I decided on the Toyo Open country MT's 35"x12.5"x17". I picked them up today mounted on my AEV Pintler's and these tires look great. Everything I've read, researched and heard about these is Great! I was a big time Goodyear M/Tr's fan, had two previous sets, liked the BFGoodrich MT's that came on my Rubicon, but after 9000 miles, they showed much more wear then I was used to having. The Maxxis have a good reputation lately, but I heard of some sidewall tears, and with the rocks I play with, taht's not good. The Procomp's are nice, but to me a I'm still not sold on them. Just my $.02
Old 07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by merfsiu
Toyo Open Country M/T. Best MT ot there.
Says who? Les Schwab?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Toyo M/T

I really like my 35" Toyo Open Country M/T. I have had the Good Year M/T, Big Foot M/T, BFG M/T (tread life was very poor), and several others. At this point I am very impressed with the Toyo's.

True to the dimensions listed, easily balanced and by far the quietest on road out of all of the ones I listed. I have not been on the snow yet but spent a weekend in the Utah red dirt and I never felt so confident in my tires. the dirt is very soft and powder-like and it handled great. I know these were not on your list but I would take a look at them before you make a decision.

Quick Reply: Which 35" tires - please help...