Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" tires, lift and bumper questions

Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I Had to do it over again, and for what I use my jeep for As a daily driver and med off roading (beach driving and light trails) I would've gone with just a coil spacer up front. With the flat fenders I'm running and front/rear bumper, I would have no issues and a Low center of gravity. I Iove my 3" BDS lift but my 35's would look and perform perfectly without it...

it's been about 10yrs since my last jeep build so when I started this build I rushed a little before I knew what my final goal was...take your time and do it once, right!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jhb26len
Ive recently gotten a Rubicon 6spd. Right now its completely stock. I really want to start doing some more serious off roading and am looking to get some 35" tires and a winch/bumper. I'm fairly new at all this stuff and wanted to see if you guys had suggestions on what I should do. For the bumper/winch, I want an LoD front and one of the cheaper Warns ( are they worth the money like everyone says?) Also I was wondering what the cheapest, but also effective, way to lift it so I can install some 35's. I know that BB's are the cheapest but are the suspensions lifts that much better? Whats the difference between long/short arm lifts and are they really worth it even if Im only gonna lift like 2.5/3". And when I get the bumper does the front need to be little higher, say 3" front, 2.5" back? Sorry for all the questions but all this info and options are killing me right now and I wanna make sure I do it right without spending to much.
With a Rubi you don't need a lift to accommodate 35's... but you should change rims to improve backspacing. For instance, 4.5" back spacing will give you plenty of clearance for 35's on stock suspension.

Agree with others - a lot of options to go with re a lift. Several options to start with 'pieces' and build it up over time. Have a read of the threads... 100's on here for you.

Good luck and enjoy.

Quick Reply: 35" tires, lift and bumper questions