Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" tires with crd engine

Old 11-06-2008, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35" tires with crd engine

Anybody drive 35" tires with 4,1 gear and crd (diesel) engine? How its working (accelerating) without regearing? My jeep is still in garage so I can not test it personally. I will regain my jeep in 2 weeks :(( I could not wait for this moment!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Crd engine has 410 Nm torque at 2000 rpm (maybe I`ll make program tuning for extra 50-60 Nm torque), so I hope it will be enough...
One way or another, if somebody has some experience - please write!
And thank You Aussie! Probably You are right...
Old 11-06-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Hi Matias...If You have a CRD Rubicon I think that the problem you have is to run the 35" on daily use (road) and I think that 4.56 gear can be the right choise.
But...when you're O.R. if u put on the 4.56 with the Rubi T.case (4:1)is possible that the final gear ratio can be shorter than your wheeling style need.

Quick Reply: 35" tires with crd engine